Would you like to join our Youth Advisory Group?
Are you aged between 14 - 25?
Do you have something to say about health, mental health, drug and alcohol issues, and education, training and employment support?
If so, WE WANT YOU!
headspace Kalgoorlie is providing young people with the opportunity to have a voice and play an active role in the youth mental health, and alcohol and other drug sector.
There are a number of roles you can play in the Kalgoorlie Youth Advisory Group, including:
- leading a project
- website consultation and development
- research and evaluation of headspace services
- consultation around advertising opportunities
- opportunity to develop youth programs for Kalgoorlie young people
By getting involved you will:
- have the opportunity to have your say about how headspace Kalgoorlie operates in the Goldfields
- develop new skills
- meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth mental health
- make a difference!
Who can apply?
We would love you to apply if you have:
- had your own experiences of feeling depressed, anxious, or another mental health issue.
- you have had a family member who has/had a drug addiction.
- you feel passionate about and are interested in mental health issues.
We would like to hear the voices of young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, young people from different cultural backgrounds, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender young people, and young people who have been homeless.
If you would like to join, please complete our online application form. For more information contact Gareth at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 08 90215599, find us on facebook or drop in for a chat!