In response to COVID-19, to keep you safe, we are using a mix of online, phone services to continue to support the mental and physical health of young people.
Please call us on 02 9366 8800 to discuss your needs. Our counselors, doctors, exercise physiologist, sexual health nurses and education support staff are all here for you!
headspace Bondi Junction is a free* and confidential service where people from 12 to 25 years old can access qualified youth mental health professionals. We offer a range of supports for people who are worried about their drug and alcohol use, mental or physical wellbeing.
*must have a Medicare card.
- Monday: 9:00am - 7:30pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 7:30pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Bondi Junction is operated by South Eastern Sydney Local Health District. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Central and Eastern Sydney (EIS Health Ltd).
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug concern.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Support headspace Bondi Junction by making a charitable donation todayDonate now
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Bondi Junction
headspace Bondi Junction has opportunities for Allied Health Practitoners to work as a Private Practitioner funded by Medicare to deliver a co-operative, multi-disciplinary model of care for headspace Bondi Junction, and work closely with headspace colleagues and collocated service partners to maximise opportunities to identify innovative, co-ordinated solutions for individual clients.
headspace Bondi Junction offer appointments Monday and Wednesday 9am-7pm and Tuesday Thursday and Friday 9-530pm. We are seeking a private practitioner keen to work within team, engaged in research opportunities and deliver groups. headspace is able to support private practitioner active participation in the centre through negotiated non-clinical activity payments.
To be suitable to work at headspace you must have experience in engaging with young people 12-25 years and offering focused psychological interventions. Hold all relevant current licences, registrations and memberships for legal practice as a qualified and registered professional within the state of New South Wales. You need to hold a Medicare Provider Number issued by Medicare Australia and be registered with Medicare.
We offer you:
- Newly refurbished consultation rooms with PC, printer, telephone and community resource materials
- Support for you from our Clinical Lead, Practice Manager & Administration Team
- Scheduling appointments for clients
- SMS txt reminders to clients for appointments and follow ups to prevent DNA’s
- Assistance with access to a range of community support services with our consortium partners
- The opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including our headspace Youth Access Team, Psychologists, Social Workers, Drug and Alcohol Counsellor, Exercise Physiologist, Nurses, Family Therapist, Peer Workers and GP’s for case-conferencing & clinical review meetings and seamless referrals.
To join the team at headspace Bondi Junction or for more information, please contact Toni Ottavio, Centre Manager on (02) 9366 8800
Deadline: 26 Mar 2023, 11:59 pm
This position is for a Staff Specialist in Child & Adolescent or Youth Mental Health working across the LHD in
Headspace Bondi Junction, Hurstville and Miranda. The position is for a period of 12 months but has the possibility of
being extended without further advertisement or interview.
- Registration or eligible for registration with Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA). Candidate to provide AHPRA Registration Number on application.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist (FRANZCP) and/or equivalent specialist recognition as provided for by the Health Insurance Act 1973 and the relevant Award/Determination, and experience in Child & Adolescent or Youth Mental Health.
- Evidence of continuing medical education and self-monitoring/audit practices consistent with the scope of practice requirements of the position.
- Proven capacity and/or experience in the provision of effective high quality service in the specialty, demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality improvement activities relevant to the specialty.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching with experience in teaching both undergraduate and post graduate students and other staff of the hospital.
- Demonstrate the skills and attitudes appropriate as a senior Medical Practitioner including modelling a high standard of professional behaviour to junior medical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with medical and other health services colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, colleagues, and staff and to work as an effective member of the clinical team across multiple sites. Demonstrated commitment to provision of a high standard of clinical care in the public sector setting.
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to research relevant to the role and needs of the Department.
For role related queries or questions contact Sandhya Sathiyan on Sandhya.Sathiyan@health.nsw.gov.auApply now
Our Centre provides early intervention services to young people 12 to 25 years. Our range of services includes mental, physical and sexual health, drug and alcohol information and support as well as vocational and educational assistance along with care coordination by our Youth Access Team. It is a place where a range of services can be provided to young people in one youth-friendly location. Our service is free and we ensure that we respect your confidentiality. Please bring in your Medicare Card.
If you ever feel that you:
• are feeling down, stressed or can't stop worrying
• haven't felt like yourself for a long time
• can't deal with school or finding it difficult to concentrate
• are feeling sick or worried about your health
• want to cut down on your drinking or drug use
• want to talk about sexuality, identity or relationships
• are having difficulties with friendships
• have sexual health issues or want to find out about contraception
• are being bullied, hurt or harassed
• are worried about work or study or if you're having money trouble
headspace Bondi Junction is a place you can go to talk to someone about any of these issues.
- Innowell Platform
All young people have the opportunity to use the platform when calling to book their first appointment.
The platform helps us support the triage and assessment process, and provides a range of recommendations for treatment and therapeutic resources for our young people.
- Family and Friends Welcome Pack
The link below will take you to a virtual copy of our Family and Friends Welcome Pack. This includes useful information surrounding how headspace can help, advice for family and friends, confidentiality, myths, and FAQs.
- General Practitioners (GP)
- Exercise Physiologist (EP)
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling
- Education Services - IPS education specialists
- Mental Health Workers - social workers, counselors, psychologists and psychiatrists
If you are aged between 12-25 you do not need a formal referral.
Simply call or email to arrange an appointment with one of our friendly staff.
Phone: 02 9366 8800
Fax: 02 9366 8888
Address: 20 Bronte Road, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022
If you are a Service Provider, School Counsellor or Welfare staff, you can provide a written referral on behalf of a young person to attend headspace Bondi Junction.
Download a referral form here. (PDF)
Once completed, please forward your referral, with any accompanying documentation, to headspace Bondi Junction via Fax, Post or Email as per details on the attached form.
General Practitioners can choose to download the referral above, or use their usual referral and forward by Fax, Post, Email or with their patient.
The Oral Health Clinic at headspace Bondi Junction is a free clinic for 12-25-year-olds who have a medicare card, and for those 18 - 25, a health care card.
The clinic operates on the 2nd Tuesday of every month from 2pm - 4pm.
To make a booking, call our centre on 9366 8800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The sexual health clinic at headspace Bondi Junction is a free ‘drop-in’ clinic for 12-25-year-olds who are Australian residents. No appointment, referral or Medicare card is needed.
If you are a backpacker, traveler, or overseas student, please contact NSW Sexual Health Info link on 1800 451 624 for information on where to get help.
To speak to a nurse about other available services call 9382 7682 or NSW Sexual Health Info link on 1800451624.
The headspace team consists of core staff, the Youth Reference Group, consortium partners, and private practitioners who are all here to support you. Meet the team below!
2022 Team Photo
Service Innovation Lead
General Practitioners (GPs)
Dr Danni - GP Lead: Image coming soon
Dr Stephen Koder - Image coming soon
Callum - Image coming soon
Youth Access Clinicians (YACs)
IPSed Education Team
Rosie – IPS Education Peer Worker
Hannah - IPS Education Specialist Worker
Specialist Sexual Health Nurses
Maria & Jane (left to right)
Drug and Alcohol Counsellor
Exercise Physiologist (EP)
Community Engagement Officer
Peer Support Workers
Stephanie - Family and Carer Peer Support Worker
Ben - Digital Navigator Peer Support Worker
Ben - Groups Coordinator Peer Support Worker
Oliver - Image coming soon
Youth Reference Groups (YRG) throughout the years
2021 - 2022
2020 - Virtual Meeting
2019 - 2020
2017 - 2018
2015 - 2016
Train - Bondi Junction Train Station
- Bondi Junction train station is a 3-minute walk from our centre.
- Bondi Junction train station is located on the Eastern Suburbs line. It is served by the T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line services (blue line) and NSW TrainLink South Coast Line services.
Westfields Bondi Junction
- Westfields Bondi Junction offers up to 2 hours of free parking and 4 hours with the Westfields app Mon - Fri. Entrances are located on Hollywood Ave, Grafton St and Hollywood Ave.
- We are located 1 store down from the Bronte Rd exit, next to Anitas Gelato and across from Grill'd.
Free 1 hour street parking can be found on the following surrounding streets:
- Allens Pde, Bondi Junction
- Hollywood Ave, Bondi Junction
- Porter St, Bondi Junction
- Llandaff St, Bondi Junction
Our Youth Reference Group member Sean walks us through a first visit to the centre in this video.
See Inside headspace Bondi Junction:
Do you want to know what coming to headspace feels like? The University of NSW Law Society made a video showing what happens... check it out here.
Please note, that a medicare card is needed for most of the services at headspace.
High Schools located in the Eastern Suburbs are welcome to fill out our Expression of Intrest Form for headspace presentations and Mental Health First Aid Training.
Download the Expression of Interest Form - headspace Bondi Junction.pdf
Please email your completed form to email@example.com
Thank you to our consortium partners:
Drug & Alcohol Service from Langton Centre
Our lead agency is the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District. Funding provided through Central & Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network.