Deadline: 01/01/2019 12:00am
(Clinical Psychologist/ Psychologist, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists)
headspace is Australia’s National Youth Mental Health Foundation. Our mission is to deliver improvements in the mental health, social well-being and economic participation of young Australian aged 12-25 years. To this end, headspace aims to be the focal point for youth mental health issues across the country.
Due to expansion of our services, headspace Castle Hill are looking for highly motivated, Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists who are experienced in providing high quality services to young people to work as Private Practitioners in an after-hours clinic.
Working as a Private Practitioner at headspace provides you with an opportunity to work within a dynamic, innovative multidisciplinary environment to provide early intervention and treatment for mental health and related issues in young people aged 12-25 years of age and establish a fulfilling and rewarding practice in partnership with headspace.
Our Private Practitioners complete work in assessment, treatment planning, psychological treatment and referral, and are highly valued members of our team.
What we offer
- After-hours clinics to provide much needed support to young people after school/work and/or study;
- Opportunity to work with and gain support from a multidisciplinary team (including Psychiatrists, General Practitioners, Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Sexual Health Services, an Exercise Physiologist and a Drug and Alcohol Addiction Specialist;
- Ongoing Medicare funded referrals of young people who have been assessed and are ready to receive services;
- Full administrative support and consulting space which includes reception, billing, appointment confirmations, SMS reminders and all room bookings are taken care of for you. Access to the electronic medical records database with comprehensive training provided;
- Opportunity for peer support through regular care co-ordination meetings with the team;
- Free Professional Development Opportunities.
Successful applicants should
- Must be a fully registered Psychologist with AHPRA, hold Accredited Mental Health Social Worker Status with AASW or hold Better Access Endorsement with Occupational Therapy Australia;
- Eligible to provide services under Medicare and be willing to bulk bill;
- Have or be willing to obtain your own ABN;
- Be willing to undertake a Working with Children Check and a separate Criminal History check;
- Have demonstrated experience providing services to young people aged 12-25 years of age;
- Be willing to undertake modest administrative support costs which include room rental as part of the contractual agreement.
If you are ready to join a fantastic multidisciplinary team and make a difference to the lives of young people, apply now!
Interested applicants should submit their applications addressing the above criteria to Recruitment@parramattamission.org.au. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please contact Kellie Smith, Practice Manager on 0409 425 661 for more information.