Our friendly staff at headspace Caboolture are here to help young people aged 12-25 who are going through a tough time. We can help with mental health, education and employment services, and alcohol and other drug services.
headspace Caboolture works closely with young people to get them the services they need to get their lives back on track. All of our services are bulk billed at no cost to the young person or their family. You can get in contact with us yourself, or ask someone else to do it for you. If you want to bring a friend along, that's OK too.
Wheelchair access is available through an elevator if required.
We are located just off King Street, and only a two minute walk from Caboolture Station.
- Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Caboolture is operated by Youturn Youth Support. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Brisbane North (Partners 4 Health Ltd).
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug concern.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Caboolture
Allied Health Professionals - headspace Caboolture
Allied Health Professional Contractors Caboolture
Allied Health Professional Contractors Caboolture
Contracted Clinical Psychologists, General Psychologists, Mental Health Social Workers, Mental Health Occupational Therapists
Multiple positions available
CONTRACTED ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Come and be part of the headspace Caboolture collaborative team.
headspace provides mental health services, alcohol & other drugs support, vocational & career support, and general health advice to young people aged between 12-25-years old. Community engagement is also provided by headspace through a multidisciplinary team approach, coordinating and participating in community activities.
Youturn is the Lead Agency for headspace Caboolture, providing services in a youth-friendly environment by a fully integrative primary health team. Your role in this team would be to provide early intervention to young people with mild to moderate mental health presentations.
We are seeking allied mental health professionals to join our dynamic and progressive team on a contract/sessional basis: General Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Mental Health Social Workers, Mental Health Occupational Therapists, and other Allied Health Practitioners with Medicare bulk billing eligibility.
Why work with us? We are a friendly and inclusive team, supported by the expertise of headspace Caboolture and the headspace National office. We work collaboratively with the aim of helping our target youth reach their full potential. Your expertise and experience can strengthen our team and provide stronger and resilient youth in our community.
What else do we offer you?
- Professional centre facilities in central locations
- Flexible working hours
- Full administration support including reception, appointment bookings & billing
- Attractive remuneration (percentage of billings)
- Fully computerised medical software, including Telehealth, with IT support
What we are looking for in you?
- An interest in working with young people and early intervention
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of young people
- Be registered with AHPRA/AASW and registered with (or eligible for) Medicare for bulk-billing of services
For more information about headspace visit www.headspace.org.au
For further information about Youturn visit www.youturn.org.au
To express an interest in joining headspace Caboolture as a Private Practitioner, please complete the following questions and include a current CV.
These positions will be available throughout 2022.
For more information contact:
Phone: (07) 5428 1599
The role of the Clinical Lead is to provide clinical leadership and oversight for the headspace Centre. This includes the provision of complex clinical case service delivery, professional leadership of the Access and Intake team, and supervision. The role is also tasked to effectively engage, screen, assess, refer and provide brief interventions and coordinate care for a small caseload of young people aged 12-25 years who are clients of headspace.
Experience, Qualifications & Other Requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Nursing.
- Hold full registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist, Nurse or Occupational Therapist (with mental health endorsement) or hold Accredited Mental -Health Social Worker status with AASW.
- High level knowledge and understanding of youth mental health, evidence-based interventions and clinical practice, as well as demonstrated excellence in the practical application of such, in the areas of youth mental health and alcohol and drug use.
- Knowledge and understanding of local youth mental health stakeholders and key relationships in these sectors.
- Current ‘C’ class Open drivers’ licence.
- Blue Card issued by Queensland Government.
- Youturn requires all its workplace participants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, according to up-to-date health advice from the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) or a State or Federal Government; or provide a valid exemption certificate.
- Provide clinical leadership, supervision and support to Access and Intake workers and students on Clinical Placement as required to align systems and improve outcomes.
- Oversee the referral processes in and out of headspace, providing a single point of entry for the service.
- Undertake clinical service provision to a complex client case load, including conducting bio-psychosocial assessments of young people presenting to the service, in accordance with the headspace assessment framework.
- Assist the Centre Manager in the collection and reporting of statistical information as required and maintain client records and files in line with protocols to ensure audit compliance.
- Assist in the creation of an environment that promotes excellence in integrated youth health and support with a focus on youth participation, access, and family-focused care.
- Provide secondary mental health consultations and advice as required.
- Assist the Centre Manager to monitor high risk young people and ensure that appropriate assessment, management and follow up support/referral is provided.
- Present clinical information on behalf of headspace.
- Relate to young people in a manner which is relevant and appropriate to their developmental and cognitive level of functioning and provide services in a youth friendly manner.
- Conduct risk assessments including assessment of suicide risk and violence and provide follow up support, referrals and treatment.
- Facilitate and monitor the integration and coordination of care of headspace clients, including participating in intake and case review meetings.
- Knowledge and understanding of mental health, evidence-based interventions and clinical practice as well as demonstrated excellence in the practical application of such, in the areas of youth mental health and alcohol and drug use.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake initial screening activities and a comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment to determine a young person’s clinical care needs and provide appropriate follow up support.
- Experience in the delivery of brief therapeutic interventions, counselling services and treatment planning for young people and their families/carers/kin.
- Highly developed communication (including written) and interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with young people, advocate on their behalf and establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, young people, families/carers/kin and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to apply risk management strategies within a clinical context.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of clinicians and provide adequate supervision.
Mission & Values
Supporting young people in their time of need, is at the heart of what we do at Youturn. Our organisational culture is built on trusting relationships that are meaningful and inclusive. We listen to understand, we embrace diversity and we offer a safe space free from judgement.
To ensure our young people receive individualised support, we invest in team members who embody our values to foster a collaborative culture of excellence.
HOW TO APPLY
Please review the selection criteria carefully to determine your suitability for the role. Your application will need to include a current CV, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
For more information Contact:
People & Culture
07 5442 4277
For more information contact:
Phone: (07) 5428 1599
headspace Caboolture offer several student placements each year, the demand for placements are always high. To assist students to decide whether headspace Caboolture may be an appropriate and suitable placement option, we have created the following information.
WHAT TYPE OF ACTIVITIES DO STUDENTS GET TO PARTICIPATE IN WHILST ON PLACEMENT?
Whilst on placement at headspace Caboolture, students work closely with members of the Intake & Access Team. This Team is made up of mental health professionals with a range of different tertiary qualifications which may include Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Counselling or Occupational Therapy.
The type of activities students typically have the opportunity to participate in whilst on placement at headspace Caboolture include:
- conducting comprehensive psychosocial assessment
- participating in Clinical MDT Review meetings
- making referrals to external and internal service providers
- providing case coordination
- leading or co-facilitating therapeutic groups
- providing brief intervention counselling sessions
- participating in community awareness activities (e.g. providing presentations at schools to students, teachers and parents or hosting a stall at a community based event or engaging with the Youth Engagement Committee.
WHAT TYPE OF STUDENTS CAN COMPLETE A PLACEMENT AT THE CENTRE?
The type of students’ headspace Caboolture can offer placements to each year will depend on the professional background of the Centre’s Intake & Access Team and their capacity at the time.
Students that headspace Caboolture usually work with are;
- Social Work Bachelor or masters final placement
- Psychology internships- will require and external supervisor
WHO PROVIDES ON-SITE SUPERVISION?
Students receive on-site supervision from a member of the Intake & Access Team or the Centre’s Clinical Lead. Depending on the type of qualification students are completing students may also be required to access supervision from an external supervisor.
HOW DO I MAKE A REQUEST FOR A PLACEMENT AT THE CENTRE?
In the fist instance you can email email@example.com. headspace Caboolture do interview prospective students and also require contact from the Placement Coordinator to finalise placements.
We have a number of dedicated youth friendly professionals here at headspace Caboolture to help support you, including:
- Centre Manager
- Clinical Lead
- Senior Brief Intervention Worker
- Access and Intake Workers
- Brief Intervention Workers
- Psych Therapies Clinician
- Administration Officers
- MBS Billing Allied Health Practitioners
- Individual Placement and Support Workers
- Outreach Worker - Bribie Island and Kilcoy Region
- Community Engagement Officer
In kind Service Provision:
- Life Without Barriers
- Lives Lived Well
- Open Doors
How do I make an appointment?
If you are a young person aged 12-25 enquiring about headspace Caboolture services for yourself, you do not require a formal referral, simply give us a call on 07 5428 1599 to make an appointment or drop in and have a chat to one of our Reception staff.
If you are a friend, family member or carer, you can phone to book an appointment on behalf of a young person but we do request that you discuss this with the young person first to make sure they are happy to come along.
Are you wanting to refer a young person?
If you are a GP, you do not need to fill in our referral form. We offer bulk-billed appointments through a Mental Health Care plan, if you can prepare a Mental Health Care plan and attach a brief referral letter addressed to us, that would be most appreciated. You can fax it to us on (07) 5499 4355.
If you are a School Guidance Officer, Teacher, Service Provider, or work in a Government Department, you can provide a written referral on behalf of a young person to attend headspace
headspace Caboolture is NOT a CRISIS service
If you or your young person requires crisis support, contact:
- eheadspace 1800 650 890 or eheadspace.org.au
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
- Lifeline 13 11 44
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
- Or you can attend your closest Emergency Department or call 000
To make getting help as easy as possible, at headspace Caboolture you can get initial support from a mental health worker with OR without a formal referral, at no cost.
If you go on to work with one of the headspace mental health practitioners (e.g. Psychologists or Mental Health Social Workers), it is recommended that you get a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) from your GP. This will allow us to bulk bill (at no cost to yourself) up to 10 sessions for you in the calendar year.
If you do not have a Medicare card, or do not wish to utilise a MHCP, there is the option to pay for sessions which can be arranged with the centre staff. In the event you are not eligible for Medicare support, or have already utilised your 10 sessions available through a MHCP this year, please contact us to discuss options. headspace Caboolture can still offer you free support through the intake team in order to develop a treatment plan to best support you in your situation.
For more information on how to get a Medicare Card and your eligibility please visit this link:
For more information on how to get a Health Care Card and your eligibility please visit this link:
If you have any questions about this process or would like further information please contact us to discuss with one of the friendly headspace Caboolture staff.
Some young people have found these various apps, online programs and organisations helpful while they are waiting for their appointment at headspace Caboolture:
eheadspace - Free, confidential, over the phone or online counselling service provided by headspace. 1800 650 890 or eheadspace.org.au
Kids Helpline - Free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5-25 years. 1800 55 1800 or kidshelpline.com.au
ReachOut - Online resources and support for young people under 25 going through a tough time. au.reachout.com
Head to Health - Wherever you are on your mental health journey, Head to Health is here to help you find the information, resources, and services that most suit your needs. headtohealth.gov.au
Bite Back - Online activities, psychoeducation and positive psychology to support young people with their mental health. biteback.org.au
BeyondNow App - This is a safely planning app that you can work through if you're having thoughts of suicide. beyondblue.org.au/get-support/beyondnow-suicide-safety-planning
The Desk - Online tools and programs to support students with their mental health. thedesk.org.au
Hello Sunday Morning - Website and app that support young people cutting back or taking a break from alcohol. hellosundaymorning.org
The Brave Program - Online program to support young people aged 8-17 with anxiety. brave4you.psy.uq.edu.au/
Breakup Shakeup - App that supports young people going through a relationship break up. iTunes.apple.com/au/app/breakup-shakeup/id1017200579?mt=8
Clear Your Vision - Online program to support young people to reduce their cannabis use. cannabissupport.com.au/treatment/tools-to-quit/clear-your-vision