Youth Advisory Council
headspace Southport's Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is looking for young people to join in on changing the way we talk about youth mental health; reduce the stigma for those experiencing a mental health challenge; encourage early help seeking and share ways young people can look after their mental wellbeing.
headspace Southport and YAC want to continuously create and build a rich sense of belonging and empowerment for young people from a range of diverse communities, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, lived experiences or any other aspect which makes them unique.
YAC wants your authentic whole selves to show up, share, advocate and support other young people in the community.
YAC do this in a variety of ways including:
• Planning and helping run youth events and other programs
• Giving feedback and ideas on resources, policies and
• Consulting on and helping develop social media messaging
• Speaking to groups of young people about headspace Southport
• Create groups and experiences for young people to connect in
• Evaluating and helping shape the delivery of headspace Southport services
• Develop new skills, knowledge and self-confidence
• Work with other young people who are passionate and like-minded
• Hosting stalls at schools, community events, sporting clubs and other with key priority groups
If you feel this is you, please download the application form and email to Belinda Tessieri, Youth Projects and Events Coordinator e: email@example.com. If you have any questions or would like to know about YAC, you can also contact Belinda on m: 0431 286 856 or p:(07) 5509 59 00.
Applications close 12th January 2021.