Our friendly staff at headspace Ipswich can assist young people aged 12 to 25 years with mental health, general health, drug, alcohol, education and employment issues.
Our staff include Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Mental Health Social Workers, Mental Health Occupational Therapist and a part-time GP. We also have a wide range of in-kind support available - check out our tabs below for more information.
Please call our Reception staff on 07 3280 7900 to book an initial appointment.
Free onsite parking can be accessed at the back of headspace Ipswich via Wharf st.
- Monday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Ipswich is operated by Aftercare. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Darling Downs and West Moreton (Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN).
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Upcoming Event: A-SIMMO Ipswich Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Youth Resilience Forum and Football Match
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Ipswich
Mental Health Clinician – Psychologist / Occupational Therapist / Social Worker
Time for a change? Passionate about working with young people?
- Improving the lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team
- Working in a supportive and inclusive environment with a positive team culture
- Further developing your therapeutic skills in working with young people
- Flexibility – 1-5 days work per week is available
If it’s yes to the above, then this role is for you...
About the role...
headspace Ipswich is seeking Private Practitioners, to join our multidisciplinary team supporting people aged 12-25 years with mental ill-health. As a Private Practitioner your income will be derived directly from Medicare Billings so you will need to be eligible to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS - Better Access).
All you need is:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Be eligible to obtain a Medicare Provider Number
- Hold one of the following qualifications: Clinical Psychologist, General Psychologist, Mental health Accredited Social Worker or Mental Health Occupational Therapists.
- Possess experience providing therapeutic interventions to young people aged between 12-25 years, experience working in private practice is highly desirable
- A passion to make a difference in the lives of young people!
What we can offer you
As a team member within headspace Ipswich you will have access to:
- A welcoming youth friendly consult room
- A caseload of 12-25 year olds who have already completed a psychosocial assessment
- Excellent clinical support from the intake team and Clinical Team Leader
- Excellent Administrative support – our admin team book all your appointments, and complete all scheduling and billing
- Access to Clinical Education offered within the headspace Aftercare centres
- Access to funded professional development opportunities
- A positive and supportive team environment
To apply please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability to headspace.Ipswich@aftercare.com.au or contact us if you would like any further information on 33280 7900.
For more information contact:
Name: Headspace Ipswich Aftercare
Phone: (07) 3280 7900
Are you 12-25 and need someone to talk to? At headspace Ipswich, we've got your back.
If you ever:
- are feeling down, stressed or can't stop worrying.
- haven't felt like yourself for a long time.
- can't deal with school or finding it difficult to concentrate.
- are feeling sick or worried about your health.
- want to cut down on your drinking or drug use.
- want to talk about sexuality, identity or relationships.
- are having difficulties with friendships.
- have sexual health issues or want to find out about contraception.
- are being bullied, cyberbullied, hurt or harassed.
- are worried about work or study or if you're having money trouble.
- are worried about a friend or family member.
headspace Ipswich can help. Our services are free or low cost, and will ensure that your privacy and confidentiality are maintained and respected. If headspace is seriously worried about your safety, or the safety of someone else they must, by law, try to keep everyone safe. This means they may have to share their concerns with someone else. You can talk to your headspace worker about confidentiality at any time, if you have questions or need more information.
At headspace Ipswich, our primary focus is the wellbeing of young people in the region and we understand that getting help early is important in resolving problems effectively.
Please bring your medicare card with you. If you don't have a medicare card, or you forget it - do not worry! Our friendly staff will be able to provide you with assistance and information about costs. To make an appointment just call, email or drop in to our centre! Alternatively, you can ask a friend, teacher, parent, other family member, health worker or community agency to contact headspace for you. You are welcome to bring family and friends with you, if you wish.
We understand that asking for help when you're not feeling yourself can sometimes be difficult or uncomfortable. Because of this, we have made our referral process as easy as possible.
If you are 12-25
- You can refer yourself
- You can have a family member or friend refer you (with your consent)
- Your GP can refer you
- Your school, TAFE, University or other service providers can refer you or assist you in making an appointment
If you are under 16 years of age, we encourage you to bring along a parent, care giver or support person for your first appointment.
To make an appointment
You can call us on 07 3280 7900
You can email us at email@example.com
You can drop in an see us at 26 East St, Ipswich QLD 4305.
Please be aware that our email account is only checked during business hours. If you require urgent or out of business hours help please call KidsHelpLine 1800 55 1800, Lifeline 13 11 14 or visit eheadspace.com.au
At headspace Ipswich we take your privacy very seriously and anything shared with us is confidential. We keep all your information on a secure database which is only available to headspace Ipswich staff. The law stops us from sharing your information outside these people unless we have your permission. Sometimes you do not want us to share your information and we respect that, however there may be times when we need to talk to someone without your permission, such as; if you or someone else is at significant risk of harm or if the law requires us to do so.
Services are free, with 10 appointments bulk billed per year covered by Medicare when you have a Mental Health Treatment Plan.
You don’t need to have a Mental Health Treatment Plan before contacting headspace and coming in for your first appointment. This can be arranged for you with one of our GP’s or your own, after you attend.
Bulk Billing is where headspace, instead of charging you, can bill Medicare (or the Australian government) for the health services that you receive.
For Service Providers (Including GP's and Government Departments)
If you are a service provider, GP or Government Department, please complete the referral form below and return to headspace Ipswich by email, fax or post. If the young person has a Mental Health Care Plan in place please provide a copy of this with the referral form.
We do require all GP's and external referrers to fill in our referral form to make sure that the young people you are referring is suitable for service at headspace Ipswich.
Please note we are an early intervention service; our Clinical Team Leader will assess all incoming referrals and we will contact you shortly after to let you know whether the young person has been accepted into service.
Our fax number is 07 3280 7900
Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our postal address is PO Box 187, Ipswich, QLD 4305
To access headspace Ipswich's services for free all you need to have is a valid Medicare card.
If you don't have a Medicare card but think you might be eligible, you can apply on the Human Services page - https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/medicare/medicare-card.
If you are ineligible to apply for a Medicare card, give us a call and we will direct you to alternative appropriate services for you, such as our fee-for-service options which range in price.
headspace Ipswich staff are dedicated health professionals who are passionate about working with young people and supporting you in a safe, friendly, confidential and non-judgmental environment.
- Regional Service Manager- Ash
- Clinical Services Manager- Vanessa
- Operations Manager - Johanna
- Clinical Team Leader - Deb
- Senior Intake Clinician - Tegan
- GP - Dr Tu Phan
- Intake and Assessment Clinician - Fleur
- Intake and Assessment Clinician - Jess
- Community Engagement Coordinator - Caitlin
- Senior Medical Receptionist - Carmel
- Medical Receptionist - Kerri-Ann
- Medical Receptionist - Monica
headspace Ipswich has a range of service partners to support young people
Fortnightly on a Monday morning
Fortnightly on a Tuesday afternoon- Appointment required
Every Wednesday afternoon- Appointment required
Fortnightly on a Thursday morning- Rainbow counselling & addiction counselling
Appointments available for LGTBTIQ+ & substance use
New Access- Low intensity CBT, up to 6 free sessions
To make an appointment or have a question, please contact us on 07 3280 7900 or email email@example.com
headspace Ipswich has a range of clinical and social support groups for young people 12-25
Free Personal Group Training:
Every Tuesday & Wednesday 3:30-4:30pm
For more information on our current groups please call headspace Ipswich on 07 3280 7900 or email headspace.Ipswich@aftercare.com.au
The Youth Reference Group is made up of a diverse group of young volunteers aged 12- 25 years, who help support and guide the centre on key components of youth mental heath service delivery and community awareness initiatives both within the Centre and the broader community.
The role of the YRG is varied and members are offered a range of opportunities to contribute to our centre and their community including; reviewing decisions regarding the day to day running of the centre , helping to plan youth events and representing headspace Ipswich at events or in the media.
headspace Ipswich has free onsite parking behind our building, accessible via Wharf St, including disability parking and wheel chair access throughout the centre including toilets.
headspace Ipswich is accessible by public transport with the Ipswich Train Station and bus stops only a short walk away. Please check out the Translink website to plan your journey to our centre - https://translink.com.au/