Expressions of Interest
Psychology private practice opportunities with headspace Camperdown
headspace Camperdown is seeking expressions of interest from clinical psychologists/psychologists who are experienced and interested in providing high quality psychological services to young people aged 12-25. headspace psychologists provide services under an early intervention/ prevention framework for young people with emerging or recent onset mental disorders.
headspace Camperdown is a comprehensive youth health service that provides physical and mental health support, information and services to young people aged 12-25 and their families in a youth friendly environment, and is led by the Brain and Mind Centre (BMC). All services are free or low cost to the young person.
The team at headspace includes Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, General Practitioners, Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Mental Health Nurses, Researchers and Administration staff.
Working as a psychologist at headspace is both rewarding and challenging. Successful applicant(s) will be charged a modest room rental fee and in return will be provided with ongoing referrals, extensive clinical and administrative support, and co-location with other health professionals in a youth-friendly environment.
Interested applicants must possess:
- Full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia,
- Eligibility to provide psychological services under Medicare,
- an ABN and personal professional indemnity insurance
- A postgraduate degree in clinical psychology (or near completion)/ or be a registered Psychologist with extensive experience providing therapy to young people
- Commitment to delivering psychological services as an integrated part of a multidisciplinary team
This position is classified as child–related employment and will require a criminal record check, Working With Children Employment Screening Check and knowledge of the child protection reporting requirements of health professionals.
What is the application process?
Applications should be addressed to Rod Gilroy via email at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your contact details, including mobile phone
- A brief cover letter and CV, outlining any experience working with young people and their families, and your eligibility to provide psychological services under Medicare
- Names and contact details of two referees
- A list of the preferred days and sessions (AM/PM) you would like to work at headspace