headspace Dubbo will be closed for Christmas from 1pm Thursday 24th December until 9am Monday 4th January 2021.
For a full list of alternative services available during this time click here .
headspace Dubbo is a FREE, confidential, youth-friendly service for anyone between 12-25 years.
If you or someone you know is feeling overwhelmed and needs to chat, you can contact us on 02 5852 1900 or email; email@example.com .
eheadspace.org.au is also available 7 days a week from 7am – 1am (AEST) with one-on-one counselling, group chats, helpful resources and more for both young people and their families.
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Dubbo is operated by Marathon Health. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Western NSW (Western Health Alliance Ltd).
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Dubbo
P/T or F/T Private Practice (hours negotiable and flexible)
Do you want to start your own private practice without all the overheads?
Perhaps you're just coming back to the workforce and don't quite feel ready for full time work yet?
Maybe you have a passion for youth mental health or are looking to diversify your practice?
Marathon Health is seeking suitably qualified and experienced persons to provide MBS funded services to young people 12-25 years at headspace Dubbo.
Just imagine, no more admin! We will do it for you as well as take care of your MBS billing which you retain 100% of.
To be eligible you must possess the following:
1. Experience working with young people aged 12-25 years with mental health difficulties.
2. Experience and willingness to work in a multidisciplinary team.
3. Be a currently registered and practicing Allied Health Professional with AHPRA.
4. Be eligible to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS), including eligible to obtain a Medicare Provider number.
5. Must have professional indemnity insurance.
6. Must undergo relevant criminal record check and working with children checks.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents to be considered:
1. A current curriculum vitae outlining relevant qualifications and experience.
2. A copy of professional indemnity insurance (or statement identifying willingness to obtain insurances should they be offered a contract).
3. A copy of their registration status with AHPRA or equivalent professional membership (e.g. AASW).
4. Details of 2 professional referees who can be contacted regarding the quality/appropriateness of performing this role in headspace Dubbo.
A detailed contractor application document must be completed with the headspace Operations Manager prior to a contract being offered.
For more information contact:
Name: Candice Edwards
Phone: (02) 5852 1900
What you’ll be doing
Take on this challenging but rewarding role as our Senior Youth Care Coordinator, where you’ll support team members in the provision of psychological interventions and clinical assessments/triage for young people with emerging and/or diagnosed mental health disorders.
As a senior member of the clinical team, you’ll guide the headspace Dubbo clinical team, including overseeing client allocation processes with respect to relevant practitioner skills and caseload, and apply demand management strategies as required.
Your role will work in collaboration with the headspace Dubbo Centre Manager, headspace Clinical Lead and headspace Practice Lead to establish clinical systems and processes in line with headspace National requirements. You will also liaise closely with external stakeholders to determine the appropriate clinical pathway or referral for young people who access headspace Dubbo.
You will be supported by the headspace Clinical Lead, headspace Practice Lead and other senior clinicians across Marathon Health’s network of seven headspace centres. This is also an excellent opportunity to grow your skills and learn from the best.
Where you’ll be working
We’d love you to come and be a part of our vibrant community. With boutique shops, major chain supermarkets and retailers, weekend markets, wineries and parks, affordable housing and property prices, the iconic Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Charles Sturt University, TAFE Western Campus, 16 private and public schools, early learning and child care and so much more. Life in Dubbo really is a package deal!
The community of about 40,000 people is rapidly growing with economic development, and there are many different career opportunities available. Find out more about all of the exciting things to do and see in Dubbo by visiting www.dubbo.com.au
headspace Dubbo is operated by Marathon Health, a not-for-profit, registered charity with a vision of enabling communities to thrive through improved health and wellbeing. We consider our people to be our most valuable resource. In return for your skills, enthusiasm and conduct in line with our ICARE values you’ll receive generous benefits including:
- A genuine work/life balance and up to five weeks annual leave per annum including extra paid leave over Christmas/New Year shutdown
- The opportunity to increase your take-home pay with the ability to salary package up to $15,900 per annum
- Fabulous professional development opportunities with up to five days paid study leave and a professional development allowance of up to $1,500 per annum
Applying for this opportunity
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or other allied health discipline recognised by the mental health services sector.
- Current full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) or current full membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Have a minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in the mental health sector
For more information please see the Position Description which can be downloaded here.
Click 'Apply now' below to submit your application via SEEK. Please include a copy of your current Resume/Curriculum Vitae, and a Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role.
For more information contact:
Name: Candice Edwards
Phone: (02) 5852 1900
Our centre is located at 23 Church Street, Dubbo, NSW, 2830 (near the rotunda) with 2 hour parking on the street - disabled parking also available. Our facility is disability friendly with wheelchair access and disabled toilets.
Getting to our centre:
Dubbo Taxi: 13 10 08
Dubbo Busline: https://www.buslinesgroup.com.au/dubbo-maps-timetables.html
Our staff will talk to you about your concerns and provide you with support, information and services in a confidential, non-judgmental environment.
Youth Care Coordinators:
Melanie Read (on Maternity Leave)
Community and Youth Engagement Coordinator:
Individual Placement Support (IPS):
Senior Vocational Specialist
MBS Funded Clinicians
We currently are in need of MBS funded Psychologists, Social Workers (Mental Health accredited) - if you are interested in working with young people and working in a supportive environment with free room hire and administrative/billing support, contact our Centre Manager, Candice Edwards on 5852 1900 for a chat.
Centrelink - Chris Suey (Indigenous Services Officer) & Rochelle Thompson (Community Engagement Officer)
Mental Health Support
Drug & Alcohol - Carlie Briggs
Psychcare Services - Dr Syed Shah MRCPsych FRANZCP
Western NSW LHD - Margie Crowley or Clancy Barrett
Western NSW LHD - Bev Tyson or Clayton Anderson (Aboriginal Nurses)
Youth Officer - Jason Yelverton
Legal Aid NSW
Cheryl Smith - Family & Carer Support
Mirandah Shields - Financial Counselling
referrals to headspace Dubbo
Self or family referral: If you are a young person between the ages of 12-25 or a family member and wish to make an appointment please call (02) 5852 1900. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you need support outside of our business hours, eheadspace might be for you. eheadspace is a confidential, free and secure space where young people 12 - 25 or their family can chat, email or speak on the phone with a qualified youth mental health professional. You can find out all about it here.
Professional referral: If you would like to refer a young person to our service please print and complete the form below and email it email@example.com . We do not have a fax line anymore but we can accept faxes via ARGUS or Sophos Encrypted emails. If your require assistance please contact 5852 1900.
Referral form for headspace Dubbo - Referral-to-headspace-Dubbo-Template3.pdf
Young people 12-17 years looking for something to do during the school holidays?
Why not head to the Connecting Community Services Drop-In centre on Wingewarra Street (opposite Centrelink)
Open Tuesday and Wednesday both weeks from 11am - 3pm
headspace Dubbo is recruiting new members for our Youth Reference Group (YRG).
Are you aged 16-24 and looking to be the youth voice for headspace Dubbo?
We are looking for young people who want to:
- Make meaningful decisions that have real impact
- Connect with other people passionate about youth mental health
- Have your voice heard on community services in the area
- Organise and be part of local youth events
You will gain experience and new skills with support, training and reference opportunities.
If you are interested in joining the Youth Reference Group, contact Amy Mines, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fill in our online application form here.
Our 2019/2020 Youth Reference group members are:
- Cody Jones
- Jade Bunt
- Grace Gower
- Molly Groake
- Eva Chown
- Ainsley Chown
- TJ Smith
- Charlize Mulholland
- Ngaire Bigwood
- Freya Rushton
- Hayden Anderson
- Cameron Hinton
- Dylan Gowans
For FAQs around the role of a Youth Reference Group member - click here
Tips for Year 12 Study Stress - download here NOW
headspace Dubbo offer interactive workshops and information sessions on topics such as:
- Year 6 - Starting a new chapter (Year 7 transition)
- Year 12 - Study Stress - understanding when stress can be helpful and what to do when it becomes unhelpful
- An introduction to mental health & the 7 top tips for a healthy headspace
- Help Seeker - exploration of the world of online supports for when you need them
- Understanding Bullying - why do people bully and how you can be an upstander not a bystander
- Understanding the role of stress & how to manage it
- Resilience & emotion management
- How to Ask - R U OK? Looking out for your mates
Parent/Carer Workshops are also available including an introduction to Tuning into Teens - emotionally intelligent parenting.
Other specialised workshops include Gender Diversity and how to support a gender diverse young person in your school/workplace
headspace Dubbo is a not-for-profit organisation and relies heavily on donations from the community to continue the ongoing delivery of this invaluable service. Whilst our service to young people is FREE we do ask when booking a workshop or information session that you consider making a tax deductible donation to the service to cover costs of resources and any travel incurred.
Further information on this can be sought via email to email@example.com
headspace appreciates the support of local businesses and the community
If you would like to donate, this can be done at the Dubbo office or alternatively via direct deposit on:
NAB Account Name: headspace Dubbo
Account Number: 78-920-6267
For more information contact Candice Edwards or Amy Mines on (02) 5852 1900