For family and friends
- I want to find out about recognising mental health issues in young people. See also Mental Health Information and the video below on Mental health info for family and friends of young people.
- Further information about depression is available from headspace (Understanding depression – for families) and Reachout (Depression and teenagers).
- Information about self-harm is available from headspace (MythBuster: Sorting fact from fiction on self-harm and Self harm fact sheet) and Reachout (Self harm and teenagers).
- Information about suicide in young people is available from headspace (MythBuster: Suicidal Ideation) and Reachout (Suicide and teenagers).
- What I can do to help: information from headspace (How to support a family member) and Reachout (Depression and teenagers).
- How can I better look after myself? SANE Carers Australia?