headspace Parramatta provides face-to-face information, support and services to young people, aged 12 - 25, and their families and friends. We can help with mental health, general health, alcohol and other drug services as well as work support. We also have a specialised service for young people who are experiencing a first episode or at ultra-high risk of psychosis.
Young people aged 12 - 25 do not require a formal referral. Simply phone, email or show up in person to arrange an appointment with one of our staff during business hours.
New referrals and walk-ins welcome between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Bookings are required for appointments after 5pm on weekdays.
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Parramatta is operated by Flourish Australia. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Western Sydney PHN (Wentwest Ltd).
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
A headspace early intervention program to improve the lives of young people, and their families, who are affected by psychosis.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Parramatta
Employer: Flourish Australia
Seeking experienced GPs to join our existing team for an immediate start!
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 years old. This service is designed to make it as easy as possible for a young person and their family to get the help they need for problems affecting their wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support, and alcohol and other drug services.
Working at a headspace centre gives GPs an opportunity to: – improve the lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team; – provide a full range of health services, with an emphasis on managing mental health problems; – be part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team; and – develop confidence and increased skills in working with young people.
Other benefits include:
- Focus on evidence-based practice; from assessment to appropriate prescribing
- Potential access to a range of supports including supervision and professional development
- Modern fully computerised facilitates with full reception and admin support
- Competitive remuneration with a 100% of MBS billings
- Part-time positions are welcomed
What we are looking for:
- An interest in mental health (particularly early intervention)
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of young people
- To provide a full range of health services including sexual and reproductive health, chronic health management and general health checks
- Be Vocationally Registered and eligible to apply for a Medicare Provider number
- No DWS, or GPs with Medicare moratorium restrictions.
- GPs with an active interest in teaching and training will be highly regarded
What we can offer:
- AGPPAL accredited practice
- Newly built, modern facilities
- A multi-disciplinary team focus with support from onsite Allied Health Practitioners and the receptionist
- Flexible working hours with few limits while you build your practice
- Full administration support including reception, appointment bookings & billing
- Fully computerised medical software with IT support. Training provided on-site
- Fully managed case co-ordination along with regular multi-disciplinary case review
- Accredited GP Registrar training practice
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking youth-focused General Practitioners (fully registered), with an interest in youth mental health, to join headspace services at two established centers in Parramatta (NSW) & Bankstown (NSW).
You will have access to flexible working arrangements and be fully supported by a team consisting of Clinical Lead, Practice Administrator, Intake Team, and Admin and Reception staff.
For more information contact:
Name: Emma Kayani - Practice Manager
Phone: (02) 9393 9669
Employer: Parramatta Mission
Join the team at headspace Parramatta and/or headspace Castle Hill!
Following provides an understanding of headspace, its culture and what is required to be part of the team.
headspace works from an early intervention framework with young people who have mental health issues or emerging issues. We deliver four core services which includes general health, mental health support, vocational services, and alcohol and other drug services.
headspace offers a busy and supportive team environment. As a contracted practitioner, you receive referrals from the headspace team and we will perform almost all the Medicare and admin work for you! As a contracted practitioner you will be part of our very supportive team of clinicians and professionals.
- Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Counselling.
- Full AHPRA registration (General or Clinical) or relevant registration.
- 2+ years of Post Graduate experience
- Proven recent clinical experience and competence undertaking biopsychosocial assessments, risk assessments and providing focused psychological strategies
- Experience within Mental Health.
- Eligible for Medicare Provider number
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Sound knowledge of the impact of mental illness on young people and the ability to provide a positive impact on the wellbeing of patients in a youth-friendly manner
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and be flexible in your work schedule
About the Role:
- Working with personality, mood anxiety and substance abuse disorders using evidence-based treatment strategies.
- Participation in clinical decisions about treatment planning, assessment, risk management and working with other treatment services.
- The primary objective of the position is to provide high-level clinical services to a broad range of individuals presenting with a variety of psychological difficulties and disorders.
About the Pay:
We offer an hourly rate that is highly competitive, despite being a bulk billing service which we achieve by only charging you a small percentage of your earnings for room hire and admin support. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions and/or would like to discuss further.
If you are interested in being part of a multidisciplinary team where you feel valued, challenged and know that you are making a difference on a daily basis in each patient’s outcome then we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume. Please include your availability with your application.
Contact Emma Kayani (Practice Manager): Emma.Kayani@flourishaustralia.org.au or call 02 9393 9669
For more information contact:
Name: Join the team at headspace Parramatta and/or headspace Castle Hill!
Phone: (02) 9393 9669
Employer: Parramatta Mission
- Unique clinical opportunity, working for a sector leading youth organisation
- Realise your professional potential with manageable client loads
- Recovery focused person led service
headspace Parramatta requires an experienced recovery focused Senior Youth Access Clinicians to join the team. The positions available are full-time (38 hours per week) working Monday-Friday. The successful applicant will be required to work until 8pm one day per week.
In this rewarding role you will be responsible for the provision of clinical mental health services for the youth in Parramatta.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Youth Access Clinicians will be responsible for:
- Delivering quality, evidence-based recovery focused mental health services including assessments, individualised person-centered planning and coordination, and the delivery of relevant therapeutic interventions
- Identifying and implementing community based activities that will support the social and emotional well being of the individual on their recovery journey
- Offering education and guidance on clinical matters.
Flourish Australia is seeking to employ proactive and motivated individuals, who enjoy both teamwork and working autonomously. The successful candidates will have significant experience working within the Mental Health sector combined with relevant qualifications.You must also be currently registered, or eligible for registration (National or State) as a Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Mental Health Nurse or other allied health professional.
For more information on the Senior Youth Access Clinician role, please read the Position Description.
One in four young people have experienced a mental health issue in the past 12 months – a higher prevalence than all other age groups. headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
To be successful as a Senior Youth Access Clinician with Flourish Australia, it is essential that you:
- Have a minimum of 2 years clinical experience and have (or are eligible to receive) National or State registration
- Are able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of recovery focused practice
- Are able to demonstrate the importance of, and have a clear and strong understanding of, the value of team work
- Have a clear understanding and/or knowledge of the concept and impact of mental health in the community
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to impart knowledge in a learning environment
- Are able to demonstrate a flexible approach to service delivery
- Have a high degree of computer literacy, including demonstrated experience with report writing and electronic client information management systems.
Please note- Successful candidates must maintain a Class C driver’s licence as you may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is not available. Proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You will receive payment of the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Flourish Australia positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We invite qualified people with lived experience of mental health issues to apply. Flourish Australia values diversity in the workforce and encourages applications from people of Indigenous and CALD backgrounds.
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency/visa, National Criminal Record checks, and Working With Children Check.
About the Benefits
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
- Generous leave provisions including paid parental leave;
- Career development opportunities; and
- Comprehensive infrastructure including fleet motor vehicles, mobile phones and other resources for work purposes.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
For more information contact:
Name: Penny Bird - Clinical and Operations Manager
Phone: 1300 737 616
Employer: Parramatta Mission
For more information contact:
Name: Jennie Dang
Phone: 0448 023 954
Here at headspace Parramatta, it takes wonderful and passionate people to complete our team and help support the young people that visit our centre.
Our Team Includes:
Tom Traae - Senior Clinical Manager headspace Services
Penny Bird - Clinical and Operations Manager
Swati Bhalla - Administration Support Officer
Sofie Inwood - Administration Support Officer
Jennie Dang - Service & Community Development Officer
Rachelle Hadtchiti - Clinical Lead
Fardowsa Ali - Senior Youth Access Clinician
Ninoshka D'sa - Senior Youth Access Clinician
Andrea Fernandopulle - Intake Officer
Dr. Sydney Oen - Psychiatrist
Contributing Consortium Members:
Anastasia Tuilagi - Alcohol & Drug Counsellor
Dylan Underhill - Alcohol & Drug Counsellor
Elanor Nicol - Employment Consultant
Ian Parkin - Carer Advocate
A key part of headspace Parramatta is our consortium support. These partnerships broaden young people’s access to arrange of services.
Our valued consortium partners are as follows:
Our centre is located on 2 Wentworth Street, Parramatta, 2150 (entry via Parkes Street). The office is closely located to Parramatta Train Station and is also wheelchair accessible. Alternatively there is a secure paid parking lot on Wentworth street.
Our centre has a ‘no wrong door policy’ which means no young person is turned away without connection to appropriate internal or external services. Please note that the toilet within our centre is gender neutral.
Streetview of our Parkes Street entrance
Front of our centre
If you are a young person and wish to see someone at headspace Parramatta, you are welcome to email, call or drop in during our business hours to discuss your options.
Parents, Family, Carers and Friends
If you are the family member, carer or friend of a young person and wish to refer them to headspace Parramatta, you are welcome to call us during our business hours to discuss their options. Please ensure that the young person who you are referring is willing to engage with headspace and is able to attend appointments.
If you are a service provider, health professional, or from a school and wish to refer a young person to headspace Parramatta, please complete our Service Provider Referral Form. Prior to completing the form, please ensure that you have obtained the young person's consent and provide as much information as possible so that headspace Parramatta's Intake Officer can determine the suitability and the most appropriate treatment options for the young person. headspace Parramatta will contact the young person and inform you thereafter of the outcome of your referral with us.
Please return this form by email to email@example.com or Fax 02 8331 6056
We recommend that you follow up the emailed or faxed referral with a phone call, just to make sure we've received it.
Our phone number is: 1300 737 616
Please note: headspace Parramatta does not offer crisis or emergency support. If you or someone you care for needs immediate emergency support, please call 000 (Police, Fire, Ambulance), go to a hospital emergency department or call the NSW Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511.
For after-hours services, please contact:
- eheadspace on 1800 650 890 or eheadspace.org.au (9am-1am, 7 days a week)
- The Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 (24/7)
- Lifeline on 13 11 14 (24/7)
headspace Parramatta provides free youth mental health services to community and local schools in the local Parramatta area.
The Service & Community Development Officer is able to provide the following:
- Attend a mental health event and hold an interactive information stall
- Provide educational workshops on mental health topics
- Presentations about our service and referral pathways
- Promotional material, and
- In service tour where you are able to visit our centre, meet our staff and find out more about headspace Parramatta
The services provided have a mental health promotion and educational focus.
We deliver these services to promote positive mental health and wellbeing (please note that these services do not have a medical or therapeutic focus).
For more information, please contact the Service & Community Development Officer at headspace Parramatta:
T: 1300 737 616