Welcome to headspace Coffs Harbour
We are still following Covid-19 safe guidelines to keep our community safe. Masks are required when in our centre, Thank You.
headspace Coffs Harbour is free, youth friendly and confidential.
We help young people aged between 12 and 25 who may be going through a tough time on the Coffs Coast.
To make an appointment, please contact us on (02) 6652 1878 or go to the More information section and referral form.
headspace Coffs Harbour is not a crisis service. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency please contact the Mental Health Access Line on 1800 011 511, Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800.
Click here to view our Service information brochure
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Coffs Harbour is operated by Genhealth Incorporated. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, North Coast (Healthy North Coast).
Nutrition screening, dietary assessment and education about food and lifestyle, also support around healthy eating strategies.
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
If you live near our headspace centre in a rural area but cannot travel in to see us, you can see our mental health workers online.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug concern.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Coffs Harbour
Employer: GenHealth Inc
Salary: Attractive senior salary available
- 2 x 0.4 FTE part-time positions available (1 at headspace Grafton and 1 at headspace Coffs Harbour),
- flexibility for one 0.8 FTE part-time position to work across both sites, with agreed base work location and agreed minimum onsite days at each location
- Positions available for immediate start for a maximum term up to 30 June 2023
- Enjoy the great lifestyle locations of Grafton and/or Coffs Harbour in the beautiful Mid North Coast/Clarence Valley areas
- Exciting opportunity to establish yourself in a new role, supporting student placements in our headspace Centre/s
About our organisation and services
GenHealth Inc is a not-for-profit non-government multi-disciplinary organisation providing evidence based primary, specialist, allied and health promotion services across the mid and north coast of NSW. We pride ourselves on coming from this region and living our values: ethical, person-centred, embracing diversity, caring and respectful.
GenHealth is lead agency of the Coffs Harbour Women's Health Centre, headspace Coffs Harbour and headspace Grafton. Our headspace Centres at Grafton and Coffs Harbour (funded by Healthy North Coast) aims to:
- promote early identification and effective, evidence-based interventions for 12-25 year olds (www.headspace.org.au);
- improve access to mental health services; and
- specialist providers and primary health care working together within an accessible and integrated service framework.
About the role
The Clinical Educator role is funded (via a grant from headspace National) to support the implementation of the Student Placement stream of the NSW Recovery Program at the headspace Centre. The Clinical Educator role is designed to increase senior clinician support for students and facilitate connections to universities.
The role will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of the student placements program at headspace Coffs Harbour. The Clinical Educator will also support clinical supervision of students. The Clinical Educator will participate, and support other NSW Recovery activities as negotiated with NSW Recovery team and headspace services.
In consultation with the Centre Manager and Clinical lead at headspace Grafton and/or headspace Coffs Harbour, the Clinical Educator will:
- Coordinate student placements for the headspace service and maintain relationships with relevant universities
- Support the onboarding, induction, and field supervision of students
- Engage in other stakeholder engagement activities that assist in successful delivery of student placements at the service
- Provide clinical supervision to students and graduates at the headspace service, where an appropriate discipline match.
- Provide clinical supervision to students at other headspace services participating in the NSW Recovery Program (as negotiated between the services and the NSW Recovery team).
For a full Position Description, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about headspace Grafton and headspace Coffs Harbour, follow them on Instagram or FaceBook, or contact our Centres and call in to say hi!
You will have tertiary level qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, or Occupational Therapy, and have a minimum 3 years’ clinical experience post qualification. You will also be eligible to provide clinical supervision, or eligible to be trained to provide clinical supervision at the time of employment.
You will also have:
- Knowledge, experience, and demonstrated passion for, and interest in, the health and welfare issues affecting young people and improving health outcomes
- Awareness and knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory frameworks informing the mental health of young people
- Experience in program development and evaluation and maintaining continuous quality improvement.
Please contact us at email@example.com to obtain a full Position Description for this role.
- 1 x 0.4 FTE part-time position available at headspace Grafton, and 1 x 0.4 FTE position available at headspace Coffs Harbour
- flexibility to offer one 0.8 FTE part-time position covering both locations, with agreed base work location and agreed minimum onsite days at each location
- Attractive senior salary is negotiable
- Super Guarantee of 10.5% payable in addition to salary
- As a not-for-profit non-government organisation, GenHealth can offer eligible employees salary package benefits of up to $15,900 per annum + an additional $2,500 in meals, entertainment, and holiday accommodation per annum
- Opportunity to access professional development and clinical supervision
- GenHealth regards the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, our contractors and our communities to be our highest priority, which is why we require all employees to have received at least two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication form. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
Written applications should include:
- an outline of your claims to the position demonstrating how you meet the criteria listed on the Position Description (contact us for a PD)
- your current resume detailing your skills, qualifications and experience, including the names and contact details for two referees, with at least one referee being a current or most recent supervisor
- an indication of when you would be available to commence work
Email your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the SEEK link below.
Enquiries to: Dan Griffin, Centre Manager, headspace Grafton on (02) 6642 1520 or Suzanne O’Donnell, Operations Manager, headspace Coffs Harbour on (02) 6652 1878.
Please note there is no application close date and applications will be reviewed as they are received. We invite you to apply as soon as possible.
GenHealth is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our workforce and members. Candidates who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, or LGBTIQA+ are encouraged to apply.
For more information contact:
Phone: (02) 6652 1878
Suzanne O'Donnell (Acting)
Danica Hudson (Acting)
Reception & Welcome
Cindy Pocock, Penny Budge, Judi Wise
Community Engagement & Youth Participation Officer
Youth Access Clinicians
Elaine Stanmore, Scott Collins, Matilda Brewin, Rosie Adam, Rhianna Grimley, Alex Barr
Peer Support Worker
Laurie Manson, Malcolm Brunton, Emily Fraser
Credentialed Mental Health Nurse
Dr John Hurley
Dr Sangita Khobragade
Community Partners at headspace Coffs Harbour:
Alcohol & Other Drugs Counsellor (CHHC)
Youth And Family Access (CHHC Mental Health Service)
Sexual Assault Counselling Service (CHHC)
Sexual Health Clinic (CHHC)
Baby Health Clinic Nurse (CHHC)
To talk to any of us, or to make an appointment, please call us on 02 6652 1878.
currently out of date.
To access headspace Coffs Harbour services for free all you need to have is a valid Medicare card.
If you don’t have a Medicare card and you are over the age of 15 years old you can apply for your own Medicare card. Information about how to apply can be found on the Department of Human Services page:
If you are in Coffs Harbour, you can visit the Medicare Office at 21-25 Duke Street for assistance.
You will need to provide identification, such as a student card or birth certificate.
For more information you can contact Medicare general enquiries on 132 011, they are open 7 days a week / 24 hours a day. If you are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander you can contact the access line on 1800 556 955. They are open mon – fri 8:30am – 5pm.
If you are ineligible to apply for a Medicare Card give us a call and we will direct you to alternative appropriate services.
headspace Coffs Harbour is located at 45-53 Little Street in Coffs Harbour and our building has been designed to provide full wheelchair access.
Disabled parking is available on Little Street within 20 metres of the front door (out the front of our next door neighbours at Legal Aid).
If you have any specific requirements to help you access our service please call us and we will work with you to make sure you can easily access our building and service.
Download our referral form from this page.
Click here for the ---> headspace Coffs Harbour Referral Form <---
- Fill it out online
- Save it on your computer
- Email it to email@example.com, or
- Print it out and drop it, post it or fax it to headspace Coffs Harbour
Our fax: 02 6652 7379
Address: 45 - 53 Little Street, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Post: PO Box 46, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
If you have any questions, you can call us on 02 6652 1878
Once we receive your referral, we'll contact you by phone.
headspace Coffs Harbour values your feedback and welcomes complaints, compliments, and suggestions to help us to improve our service.
You can write your complaint/compliment/suggestion in the form below, or call the headspace Coffs Harbour to set up a time to speak in person about your feedback 6652 1878
To keep up to date with what's happening at headspace Coffs Harbour and find out about the latest news and events go to our facebook page and give us a like: https://www.facebook.com/headspaceCoffsHarbour/
We understand that sometimes getting to appointments can be difficult. For the times you need assistance, our Peer Support Workers can provide transport to and from your headspace appointment to home or school. Contact our friendly reception team on 6652 1878 or speak to your headspace worker to find out more.
Did you Know we have a youth reference group and are putting together a friends and family reference group, for more info call 66521878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to speak with our Community Engagement Officer.