Clinical Educator (Student Supervisor) Mental Health
Employer: GenHealth Inc
Salary: Attractive senior salary available
- 2 x 0.4 FTE part-time positions available (1 at headspace Grafton and 1 at headspace Coffs Harbour),
- flexibility for one 0.8 FTE part-time position to work across both sites, with agreed base work location and agreed minimum onsite days at each location
- Positions available for immediate start for a maximum term up to 30 June 2023
- Enjoy the great lifestyle locations of Grafton and/or Coffs Harbour in the beautiful Mid North Coast/Clarence Valley areas
- Exciting opportunity to establish yourself in a new role, supporting student placements in our headspace Centre/s
About our organisation and services
GenHealth Inc is a not-for-profit non-government multi-disciplinary organisation providing evidence based primary, specialist, allied and health promotion services across the mid and north coast of NSW. We pride ourselves on coming from this region and living our values: ethical, person-centred, embracing diversity, caring and respectful.
GenHealth is lead agency of the Coffs Harbour Women's Health Centre, headspace Coffs Harbour and headspace Grafton. Our headspace Centres at Grafton and Coffs Harbour (funded by Healthy North Coast) aims to:
- promote early identification and effective, evidence-based interventions for 12-25 year olds (www.headspace.org.au);
- improve access to mental health services; and
- specialist providers and primary health care working together within an accessible and integrated service framework.
About the role
The Clinical Educator role is funded (via a grant from headspace National) to support the implementation of the Student Placement stream of the NSW Recovery Program at the headspace Centre. The Clinical Educator role is designed to increase senior clinician support for students and facilitate connections to universities.
The role will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of the student placements program at headspace Coffs Harbour. The Clinical Educator will also support clinical supervision of students. The Clinical Educator will participate, and support other NSW Recovery activities as negotiated with NSW Recovery team and headspace services.
In consultation with the Centre Manager and Clinical lead at headspace Grafton and/or headspace Coffs Harbour, the Clinical Educator will:
- Coordinate student placements for the headspace service and maintain relationships with relevant universities
- Support the onboarding, induction, and field supervision of students
- Engage in other stakeholder engagement activities that assist in successful delivery of student placements at the service
- Provide clinical supervision to students and graduates at the headspace service, where an appropriate discipline match.
- Provide clinical supervision to students at other headspace services participating in the NSW Recovery Program (as negotiated between the services and the NSW Recovery team).
For a full Position Description, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about headspace Grafton and headspace Coffs Harbour, follow them on Instagram or FaceBook, or contact our Centres and call in to say hi!
You will have tertiary level qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, or Occupational Therapy, and have a minimum 3 years’ clinical experience post qualification. You will also be eligible to provide clinical supervision, or eligible to be trained to provide clinical supervision at the time of employment.
You will also have:
- Knowledge, experience, and demonstrated passion for, and interest in, the health and welfare issues affecting young people and improving health outcomes
- Awareness and knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory frameworks informing the mental health of young people
- Experience in program development and evaluation and maintaining continuous quality improvement.
Please contact us at email@example.com to obtain a full Position Description for this role.
- 1 x 0.4 FTE part-time position available at headspace Grafton, and 1 x 0.4 FTE position available at headspace Coffs Harbour
- flexibility to offer one 0.8 FTE part-time position covering both locations, with agreed base work location and agreed minimum onsite days at each location
- Attractive senior salary is negotiable
- Super Guarantee of 10.5% payable in addition to salary
- As a not-for-profit non-government organisation, GenHealth can offer eligible employees salary package benefits of up to $15,900 per annum + an additional $2,500 in meals, entertainment, and holiday accommodation per annum
- Opportunity to access professional development and clinical supervision
- GenHealth regards the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, our contractors and our communities to be our highest priority, which is why we require all employees to have received at least two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication form. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
Written applications should include:
- an outline of your claims to the position demonstrating how you meet the criteria listed on the Position Description (contact us for a PD)
- your current resume detailing your skills, qualifications and experience, including the names and contact details for two referees, with at least one referee being a current or most recent supervisor
- an indication of when you would be available to commence work
Email your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the SEEK link below.
Enquiries to: Dan Griffin, Centre Manager, headspace Grafton on (02) 6642 1520 or Suzanne O’Donnell, Operations Manager, headspace Coffs Harbour on (02) 6652 1878.
Please note there is no application close date and applications will be reviewed as they are received. We invite you to apply as soon as possible.
GenHealth is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our workforce and members. Candidates who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, or LGBTIQA+ are encouraged to apply.
For more information contact:
Phone: (02) 6652 1878