Expressions of Interest being accepted for Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, and Mental Heath Social Workers
Employer: headspace Camperdown
Expressions of Interest
Psychologists & Mental Health Social Workers
(Private practice opportunities with headspace Camperdown)
headspace Camperdown is seeking expressions of interest from clinical psychologists, psychologists and mental health social workers who are experienced and interested in providing high quality therapy services to young people aged 12-25. headspace clinicians provide services under an early intervention/prevention framework and first-time accessing care for young people with emerging or recent onset mental disorders or mental ill-health.
headspace Camperdown is a comprehensive, dynamic, and multi-disciplinary youth health service with many moving parts that provides physical and mental health support, information, and services to young people aged 12-25 and their families in a youth friendly environment. headspace Camperdown is led by the Brain and Mind Centre (BMC) at the University of Sydney and all services are free or low cost to the young person.
The team at headspace includes Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, General Practitioners, Psychiatry Registrars, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Exercise Physiologists, Mental Health Nurses, Researchers and Administration staff.
Working as a private practice clinician at headspace is both rewarding and challenging. If you are looking for a place to work that is completely different to your standard private practice space, then headspace Camperdown is for you. We work in a fun vibrant centre and is the place to be for great work culture, multidisciplinary support and for those that love a challenge, enjoy working with KPIs and data sets, embrace change, and will go the extra mile to support young people and their families/supportive others.
Successful applicant(s) will be expected to work towards understanding the service as a whole, provide bulk-billed mental health services and they will be charged a modest room rental fee. In return, our service will provide ongoing referrals, extensive clinical and administrative support, and co-location with other health professionals in a youth-friendly environment.
Interested applicants must possess:
- AHPRA registration in your profession
- Eligibility to provide psychological/counselling services under Medicare
- An ABN and personal professional indemnity insurance
- A postgraduate degree in clinical psychology/social work (or near completion)/ or be a registered psychologist with extensive experience providing therapy to young people
- Commitment to delivering therapy services as an integrated part of a multidisciplinary team
- A willingness to understand the whole service from many perspectives
- An interest in how our centre runs as a whole with many moving parts
- A willingness to liaise with schools, family and carers to support the young person
- A youth friendly approach
- Provide family inclusive practice
This position is classified as child–related employment and will require a criminal record check, Working with Children Employment Screening Check and knowledge of the child protection reporting requirements of health professionals.
What is the application process?
Applications should be addressed to Dr Blake Hamilton via email at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your contact details, including mobile phone
- A brief cover letter and CV, outlining any experience working with young people and their families, and your eligibility to provide psychological services under Medicare
- Names and contact details of two referees
- A list of the preferred days and sessions (AM/PM) you would like to work at headspace. We try to accommodate as best we can pending space availability
- Some information about yourself and why you’d be a good fit for our team
If you would like further information about this opportunity contact Dr Blake Hamilton, Clinical Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information regarding headspace Camperdown.
For more information contact: