Trauma Informed Clinician
Are you passionate about working with young people, do you want to make a difference in their lives? Northern Australia Primary Health Limited has an exciting opportunity to join the headspace Mackay team as a Trauma Informed Clinician.
This position is located in the beautiful Whitsundays region, so if it’s time for a sea change (climate change!), then this may be the role for you. 74 islands to explore at your doorstep, tropical rainforest hinterland just a hop step and a jump away, 75 minutes flight to Brisbane - if your passion is lifestyle and addressing mental health needs then we want to hear from you!
Check out the Mackay region, all it has to offer here and relocation information here https://www.mackayregion.com/ Welcome to a beautiful part of the world.
What's on Offer:
- Dynamic workload with flexible hours
- Relocation assistance would be considered for the right candidate
- Generous salary packaging benefits up to $16,000 (increase your take home wage)
- Supervision – trauma specific peer supervision group with access to a suite of training in trauma informed care.
- Provide recovery orientated, trauma informed as well as trauma specific care based on the core principles of Safety, Trustworthiness, Choice, Collaboration and Empowerment.
- Provide high quality clinical care across the lifespan for young people with single incident trauma or complex trauma presentations.
- Conduct biopsychosocial assessment, case formulation and treatment planning for psychological problems.
- Conduct risk assessments and risk management planning.
- Participate in clinical case review meetings, supervision and multi-disciplinary team meetings to ensure high quality service delivery.
- Contribute to strategic thinking that supports and promotes the headspace model as well as NAPHL's work and goals within the Mackay's community of health service providers.
- Support productive working relationships through the development and maintenance of effective internal and external relationships, partnerships and networks.
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Possess a Medicare Provider Number or able to acquire as soon as possible and maintain eligibility to provide headspace services.
- Are autonomous and self-directed with exceptional clinical and therapeutic skills;
- Passionate about working with young people and their families;
- Ability to work well within a team environment, and to develop and maintain professional relationships with other service providers and within the team.
Reporting to the Clinical Lead, you need to be flexible and responsive to meet the needs of the clients, the team and the demands of the service.
Applications should consist of your CV, together with a covering letter of no more than 2 pages in length detailing your experience relevant. Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Northern Australia Primary Health Limited is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For more information contact:
Name: headspace Mackay
Phone: 4898 2200