Salary: Social and Community Services Employee - Level 5
Deadline: 02/04/2018 5:00pm
The Youth and Community Engagement Officer is responsible for promoting youth participation and raising awareness about the service and youth mental health.
They will facilitate and support the Youth Reference Group and contribute to the promotion of the service through engagement with the youth sector, develop and engage in health promotion activities and develop content for social media and the website in collaboration with the rest of the team.
The Youth and Community Engagement Officer will also support the work of the broader team to ensure successful engagement with young people, private providers, consortium staff and other stakeholders, including administration tasks.
The Youth and Community Engagement Officer will:
- Coordinate the Youth Reference Group, including recruitment and management of members, communication and performance management.
- In partnership with the Youth reference Group and other staff, plan, coordinate, deliver and evaluate health promotion strategies to young people, families and carers and service providers.
- Maintain the headspace Port Adelaide's website
- Utilise social media to engage with young people, promote the service, provide information about mental health and promote positive mental health strategies.
- Participate in local youth networks to promote the service and referral pathways and support strategies for building sector capacity around youth mental health.
- Work in partnership with headspace National Office and other headspace sites on events, national campaigns and other promotional activities.
What you will need....
- Qualifications in health promotion, public health, community development or related field
- A Department of Community and Social Inclusion Child Related Employment Screening Clearance (or willingness to obtain one)
- Drivers Licence
- Experience in the Youth Mental Health Sector
When submitting your application, please refer to the position description to ensure you have the suitable qualifications.
In support of your application it is anticipated that you will:
- Submit a cover letter
- Address each of the 5 KPIs by providing a short statement that demonstrates your experience relevant to the competencies and core responsibilities outlined in the position description
- Include your up-to-date resume and provide contact details of three professional referees with one being for your most recent employer
(Please Note: You may need to combine the documents into one to upload to expr3ss).
For further information relating to this position please contact Stacey Roy, Manager headspace, Port Adelaide on (08) 8215 6340.
Applications are to be received by 5pm, Monday 2 April 2018.
Centacare is a quality accredited organisation and one of South Australia’s most progressive and vibrant agencies.
Centacare Catholic Family Services provides a range of quality human services to individuals, families, and the community.
To find out more about our history, please follow this link:
The Story of Centacare
Download the position description (PDF) here.