Youth Reference Group
headspace Port Adelaide Youth Reference Group applications now open!
applications for our Youth Reference Group are now open!
We want young people to have a say in how our centre feels and looks, what our centre provides, the sort of events they'd like to see in our community, who we employ, and what topics we should be tackling with young people.
Our Youth Reference Group is made up of members aged 16-25 who are passionate about improving mental health for young people living in the Western suburbs of Adelaide. The YRG play a central and continuous involvement role for headspace's governance, design, development, delivery, and evaluation. Members also work with the centre and the local community to increase mental health awareness, reduce stigma, encourage early help seeking and promote access to headspace services, while building strong relationships with other young people, their family and friends, other local services and the broader community.
we'd love you to apply if you:
- Are aged between 16 and 25 years at the time of application.
- Are representative of the diversity in the area of the centre and surrounding areas.
- Have interest in the wellbeing of young people and in acting as an advocate.
- Have the ability to work in a team and independently.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in group discussions.
- Are motivated, willing and committed to participating for the one year term.
- Have the ability to maintain a balance of other responsibilities with the demands of being a volunteer.
- Have easy and regular access to the internet and phone.
what else you need to know:
- Membership is for up to 12 months (with the option to renew annually).
- Meetings are held monthly.
- This is a volunteer position.
- All meetings have refreshments supplied.
- Members will be provided access to training at no extra cost.
- Members are required to undergo a Working With Children Check paid for by headspace.