Are you aged between 16 and 25 and live, work or study in the Casey or Cardinia region? Do you have something to say about youth mental health, and drug and alcohol issues?
What is the headspace Youth Advisory Committee (YAC)?
headspace is providing young people with the opportunity to be heard and be active around youth mental health, and alcohol and other drug issues. There are a number of roles you can play in the headspace Narre Warren YAC, including:
- Leading a project in your local area
- Website consultation and development
- Research and evaluation of headspace services
- Consultation around resource development such as factsheets, brochures, radio ads etc
- Peer support and mentoring
- Speaking to the media
By getting involved you will:
- Have the opportunity to have your say and direct youth mental health services in Australia
- Develop new skills
- Meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth mental health
- Make a difference to youth mental health
headspace will provide some training to support you in the YAC role
Who can apply?
We are looking for anyone aged between 16 and 25 who is interested in youth mental health. We want you to apply if:
you have had your own experiences of feeling depressed, anxious or another mental health issue
you have a friend or family member who has/or had a mental health issue
you feel passionate about and are interested in mental health issues
The group is also keen to hear the voices of Indigenous young people, young people from different cultural backgrounds, young people from rural and remote areas, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender young people and young people who have been homeless
How do I get involved?
To apply please read and complete these forms:
YAC Role Description
YAC Application Forms