*2017 Heywire Competiton Winners 'Common Connections'
Each year, the Heywire Competition winners attend the Heywire Regional Youth Summit to develop ideas to improve regional Australia for young people. Community organisations are invited to apply for grants of up to $10,000 from the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) to make these ideas a reality.
After speaking with our Youth Reference Group headspace Maitland will be applying for the Common Connections Grant which aims to fill the gap between young people and Mental Health services by creating a mentoring program which creates easy access to non-clinical support to fill in the gap between young people and existing health care systems. This grant could allow headspace Maitland to facilitate Mental Health training, social and peer support groups and soft entry activities to engage young people with local services and promote mental health and wellbeing.
headspace Maitland would love to get as many organisations, schools and young people involved in this project as possible.
Are you a service, organisation or school? Ways to get involved could include:
- Writing a letter of support (Grants close Monday May 15 2017)
- Become part of the steering committee
- Volunteer some of your time or resources
- Help promote through your networks
- Get in touch with our Community Engagement Officer Laura she'd love to chat with you and the young people you support!
Are you a young person? Ways to get involved could include:
- Write a story for next year's round of Heywire Grants
- Join our Youth Reference Group
- Like our Facebook page for updates