Purple Page - Resources for transgender and gender diverse young people
Based on the work of our friends at headspace Nowra, the headspace Purple Page is made up of a stack of useful resources we've found from many different groups and organisations to support transgender and gender diverse young people.
- Information on pronouns, medical and social transitioning, coming out/inviting in, your legal rights, navigating relationships, sexuality and more.
- Stories from other gender and sexually diverse young people.
- Info on where to go to get more information and support online or in person.
The aim of this page is to help you and your loved ones along your journey, no matter what point you are at.
Most importantly, we want you to know that headspace Edinburgh North is a safe place and we want to support you. Call us on (08) 8209 0700 if you would like to speak to someone. We're here to help.
In addition to the resources contained in Purple Page we also run a fortnightly ' Rainbow Mates' group for young people that identify as lesbian, Queer, transgender people or people questioning their sexuality and aged 15-25. Download Flyer
The Purple Page:
- OMG I'm Trans (from Minus18)
- Gender Questioning (from Gay and Lesbian Health Victoria in conjunction with the Trans Melbourne Gender Project)
- Sex, Gender and Sexuality: The Basics (from Twenty10)
- The Downlow on Gender, Sex and Sexuality. (A super simple comic guide!) (by Sam Orchard / Rooster Tails)
- Gender Identity and Mental Health (from headspace)
- Coming Out / Inviting In (from Twenty10)
- Getting Treatment: what to do if you are trans and under 18 (from Inner City Legal Centre)
- Resources for those who are exploring or thinking about some aspect of their gender or sexuality (from Twenty10)
- OMG I'm Queer (from Minus18)
- How headspace can help (from headspace)
Information for family and friends:
- Gender Help for Parents website
- Families Like Mine (from beyondblue)
- Families In TRANSition: A Resource Guide for Parents of Trans Youth (from Central Toronto Youth Services) (Note: This is a Canadian resource - while information is useful and relevant, please note links to services and help lines are not specific to Australia)
- OMG My Friend's Queer (from Minus18)