Tuning into Teens 2019
Tuning into Teens is a free six week parenting program for parents and carers of young people. Tuning into Teens shows you how to help your young person to develop emotional intelligence.
Research shows that young people with higher emotional intelligence have:
- More stable and satisfying relationships with adults;
- Are able to deal with peer pressure better;
- More able to cope positively upset or angry;
- Have fewer mental health issues and substance abuse difficulties;
- Are better prepared to create the life they want to live and thrive.
In conjunction with Primary Care Connect , headspace Shepparton will be running Tuning into Teens in 2019.
The first program is on Mondays 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm starting on Feb 18.
The dates are Feb 18, 25 Feb, March 4, March 18, March 25 and April 1.
The Second program is on Tuesdays 5:30 to 7:30 pm. ( Dates are 7th May, 14th May, 21st May, 4 June and 11th June)
Positions are limited and preference given to parents and carers of young people receiving assistance at headspace Shepparton and Primary Care Connect. Contact headspace Shepparton to express your interest and you will be contacted later in January.