Are you passionate about helping young people and making a difference in your local community?
Are you between 12 and 25 years old?
Join our Youth Reference Group!
What is the headspace Osborne Park Youth Reference Group?
The headspace Osborne Park Youth Reference Group (YRG) is made up of 10-15 young people aged 16-25 years who are passionate about youth mental health, and who meet monthly to provide input into how the centre can better support young people in the community. The YRG hopes to:
- Provide you with the opportunity to have input into the strategic direction of headspace Osborne Park services, and mental health services nationally
- Allow a way for the voice of young people to be heard and acted upon
- Provide opportunities for your skill development and foster leadership, media, communication and advocacy skills
- Support you to lead projects locally; and
- Allow young people to direct youth mental health policy development
We believe that youth participation is the key to delivering the best services for young people. Young people involved with the headspace Osborne Park YRG will have the opportunity to be involved in a number of ways, including (but not limited to):
- Have your say and direct youth mental health services in your community
- Working with other young people who are passionate about improving the lives of young Australians
- Have the opportunity to attend conferences and training to support your role as a Youth Reference Group member
- Have the opportunity to choose your level of involvement (e.g. attend monthly meetings, interact over Facebook and/or attend community events
- Meeting with prominent leaders and advocates for youth mental health
- Receive training in mental health, alcohol and other drugs, and media, as well as any other trainings related to your specific area of interest
- Develop a range of skills including working in groups and representing the needs of your peers
- Provide input on centre design and accessibility for young people and their families
- Plan and attend local events to promote headspace Osborne Park services
- Provide input into the development of our website and social media
- Provide input into the development of resources for young people, including factsheets, brochures and other promotional materials
- Have the opportunity to be involved in research and the evaluation of headspace Osborne Park services and programs
Aged between 12 and 15 years?
In addition to our face-to-face YRG, headspace Osborne Park also has on 'Online Youth Reference Group' for young people aged between 12 and 15 years. Unlike the face-to-face group, Online YRG members are not required to attend monthly meetings; however are invited to share ideas, discuss projects, provide feedback and receive updates from headspace Osborne Park through the use of a private Facebook group. Online YRG members are also invited to be involved in community projects and attend community events.
This Online YRG may be suitable for you if you are still passionate about making a difference in your community but don't have access to transport, or even if there's a lot going on for you at the moment and you don't have the time to attend meetings and community events.
I'm keen! How do I get involved?
If you are interested in learning more about headspace Osborne Park's YRG or Online YRG, please contact our Community Engagement Officer on 08 9301 8900 or email email@example.com
Otherwise, please fill in an expression of interest form and either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it to us at 145 Main Street Osborne Park.