As You Are
We respect you – As You Are
As You Are is a social group for young people who identify as being GLBTIQ or who are questioning their sexuality.
As You Are is the only such group in the Newcastle region, with the next closest similar service being the All For One group hosted at headspace Maitland.
The As You Are group meets at headspace Newcastle from 300pm- 530pm every Thursday. The Group is open to young people aged 15 -21 years of age.
As You Are provides
- a safe, supervised space for LGBTIQ young people
- a social network and friendships in and between young people attending that reduces stigma, social isolation and increases self-esteem and connectedness
- group activities
- positive role models
- discussions on current LGBTI affairs and politics
- resources on local LGBTIQ and youth services
- a safe space on social media to further positive social supports formed at As You Are (mediated Facebook group)
How to join the group
For further information or to join the group call 4929 4201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org