What is the headspace Melton Community, Family and Friends Committee?
The C/FAC is a diverse group of volunteers who have experience in supporting and caring for young people between the ages of 12-25. The C/FAC will provide consultation and guidance to headspace Melton staff around the needs of family members, friends and young people of Melton and surrounding areas and, suggestions on how to best support them.
What type of things will I do as part of headspace Melton C/FAC?
- Providing feedback about headspace Melton’s services, ensuring that the approach taken remains focused on the needs of youth and their families and the Melton Community
- Represent and advocate for the needs of family and friends in headspace leadership meetings, team meetings, and consortium/partnership meetings
- Be involved in the development of, and participate in, community awareness projects and campaigns focused around reducing stigma and increasing mental health literacy in the local community
- Helping headspace Melton develop and produce resources to support the friends and family of young people
What is headspace Melton looking for in C/FAC members?
- Experience in supporting young people between the ages of 12-25. This can be either currently or previously and either in a personal or professional setting.
- Have an interest and passion for mental health and/or alcohol and other drug issues for both young people and their friends and family
- Have the ability to balance health (including mental health), other responsibilities such as work/uni/family and the demands of the C/FAC position.
headspace Melton is a safe place which embraces inclusivity and diversity. Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQA+, different cultural and language backgrounds and lived experiences are HIGHLY encouraged to apply. We want a C/FAC that represents EVERYONE in the Melton Community.
I’ve read all of above and I am interested in being a part of the C/FAC. What’s next??
Great! Download the C/FAC Position Description and Application form HERE . Applications for headspace Melton’s C/FAC will close at 5PM, February 22nd . We’ll be in touch shortly after the closing date to inform you if you have been offered an interview.
Once you have read through and completed the form please email it to either email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, feel free to drop off your completed application form to reception any time during our centre operating hours J .
Feel free to contact us on our centre phone: 8065 5600 or the above email addresses if you have any questions or would like to learn a little bit more about the C/FAC.
Look forward to hearing from you !