Youth Action Force is Recruiting!
We are looking for young people passionate about mental health and wellbeing.
1. What is the Youth Action Force (YAF)?
The YAF hopes to:
- Provide young with the opportunity to have input into the strategic direction of headspace Knox and Lilydale services, and local mental health services.
- Allow a way for the voice of young people to be heard and acted upon.
- Provide opportunities for skills and leadership development and provide experience in; media, marketing, communication and advocacy skills.
- Support young people to lead projects locally
- Allow young people to direct youth mental health policy development
- Demonstrate good practice by involving young people in the youth, welfare and health sector
2. What is involved in the role?
Young People on the headspace Knox and Lilydale Youth Action Force will have the opportunity to be involved in a number of ways including:
- Media spokespeople and community engagement opportunities
- Lead local projects
- Marketing, promotion and community awareness activities
- Involvement in mental health related focus groups and consultations
- Evaluation and research
- Policy and advocacy
By providing a variety of activities it is hoped that it will provide the opportunity to draw on young people’s strengths, abilities and capabilities, while also appealing to a broad range of interests.
3. What’s the time commitment?
The appointment of YAF Members is minimum of 12 months and can go up to 2 years. There are monthly meetings currently on a Thursday night. In between meetings and events, contact will be maintained through Facebook, email, and online forums.
For more information contact:
Jasmine Scampton - Community Engagement Coordinator on 9801 6088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply click here