headspace Karratha is a youth friendly space to help young people aged 12-25 with their health and well-being goals.
We are here to answer any questions or concerns you have about your mental health, drug and alcohol issues, general health, sexual health and relationships.
We are also open Saturday by appointment.
Further info about headspace Karratha can be found in this Welcome Pack
For emergency or crisis support, please contact:
- Emergency services:000 (police, fire, ambulance)
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800
- Monday: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Thursday: 8:30am - 7:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Karratha is operated by Anglicare WA. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, WA Primary Health Alliance.
If you live near our headspace centre in a rural area but cannot travel in to see us, you can see our mental health workers online.
Your GP can refer you to see a specialist youth psychiatrist for bulk billed assessment and management advice for mental health issues.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Get tips on how to prepare your resume and present for interviews. Find out about local employment opportunities (full time, part-time, or casual).
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug concern.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Karratha
What is the headspace Karratha Youth Advisory Group?
headspace Karratha is providing young people with the opportunity to be heard and be active around issues affecting young people. There are several roles you can play in the headspace Karratha Youth Advisory Group, including:
- Co-designing programs and events.
- Research and evaluation of headspace services.
- Consultation and representing young people on local issues.
- Peer support and mentoring.
- Representing headspace at meetings and conferences.
- Leadership roles within the YAG.
By getting involved you will:
- Get to have your say and direct youth mental health and wellbeing services in Karratha.
- Receive training opportunities, personal development and develop new skills.
- Meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth mental health.
- Make a difference in your community and create positive social change.
Submit an application form online
For more information contact:
Name: Stace (Community Engagement Officer)
Phone: 1800 290 626
we are a free service in Karratha for young people 12-25 yrs seeking mental health motivation, advice, and education.
here are some examples of why you might see us:
- problems with family and friends
- feeling anxious
- issues in romantic relationships
- questions about sex
- wondering about gender and who you are attracted to
- help with finding a job or getting into study
- physical health (including sexual health) concerns
- feeling down or depressed
- just not feeling yourself
Char- Service Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura - Clinical Lead - email@example.com
Raik - Youth Wellbeing Worker (Roebourne + Wickham) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Karri - Youth Wellbeing Worker - email@example.com
Brigette - Youth Access Worker - firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey - Service Support Officer - email@example.com
Tu - Service Support Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Vic - Community Engagement Officer - email@example.com
If you are passionate about youth issues and are interested in leadership, project planning, and making a difference in your community, then join our YAG!
The Youth Advisory Group (YAG) is headspace Karratha's youth voice. They create programs and events to spread awareness of mental health and wellbeing as well as provide guidance to staff on how to be the best youth friendly service we can be.
By getting involved you will:
- Network with other like minded people
- Shape headspace Karratha to be up to date and current
- Organise events and programs
- Be a spokesperson
I'm keen! How do I get involved?
If you are interested in learning more about headspace Karratha YAG please contact our Community Engagement Officer on 0436 843 483 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know where to go for a free and confidential STI check?
Would you know how to respond to a young person with a mental health challenge?
Do you wish everything is in one spot, always updated, easy to access, and available to anyone that is committed to supporting young people in the Pilbara?
Introducing to you the headspace Pilbara Hub! A downloadable app that has:
- directory of services that work to support young people in the Pilbara
- a training and learning calendar to best support people working with young people