1. What is your name and role at headspace?
My name is Reianna and I'm a new Youth Reference Group (YRG) member at headspace at Hurstville!
2. What were your favourite and most hated subjects at school?
My favourite subject at school definitely had to have been visual arts. It really let me express myself in ways I never knew I could. Most disliked (hate is a very strong word) was definitely maths...
3. If you could change one thing in the world, what would you change and why?
It's hard to say when there's a tonne of things I'd love to change, but I really want to change (or improve) the amount of time it takes us to travel overseas (why are we SO far away from the rest of the world?!)
4. What is your favourite cuisine and why?
My favourite cuisine might have to be Greek food (yeah I might be a tad biased on that one..)
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time I LOVE to be at concerts soaking up all the tunes and having a fun time, making art (here's my etsy: https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/ReiCreative) and definitely having some naps
6. What does it mean to you to be “healthy”?
To be healthy I believe you need a good balance of self love, fun and play and an all round love of wanting what's best for yourself
7. What led you to become involved with headspace?
After using the fantastic resources at headspace, I saw an opportunity to join the YRG at the Hurstville branch and decided to take it by the horns as I've always wanted to make even the smallest change for people who are seeking better change for themselves
8. What is one thing you would say to your younger self?
Never stop having fun. EVER. Always have a smile and make sure you do what you want for yourself
9. What are you most looking forward to in 2020?
I'm looking forward to travelling back to Greece with my extended family to see family again and learn more about where I am from. Also so excited to go to a tonne of concerts I have planned to go to
10. What is your favourite quote?
"In the end everything will be okay, and if it's not okay it's not the end"
The Youth Reference Group is made up of young people aged 16-25 who are passionate about youth mental health in the St George area. They have the opportunity to get involved with Community Engagement activities such as local events, school presentations and project planning, only to name a few!
To find out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org