Youth Reference Group
Deadline: 17 Feb 2022, 6:00 pm
It's an exciting time to be part of our journey. You may have noticed we've changed our name from Aftercare to Stride.
We’re leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on the next stage of our journey, join us to make a difference. We're here to Stride.
About the service:
headspace Centres act as a one-stop-shop for young people who need help with mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drugs and/or work and study support.
About the opportunities:
headspace Miranda believes it is necessary for young people's voices and opinions to remain front and centre to our services to truly address the issues that are important to them.
If you are aged between 16-25 years old and live, work or play in the Sutherland Shire area and have something to say about physical health, mental health and drug and alcohol issues then we would love for you to apply!
As a member of the Youth Reference Group (YRG), you will have the opportunity to be heard and actively involved in creating change in the youth mental health sector. You can do this by:
- guiding, directing and developing initiatives which address the needs of young people in our community
- working with schools and communities to deliver workshops and promote mental health and wellbeing
- taking part in Community Events/Projects/Fundraising
- developing your own project throughout the year
About the benefits:
By getting involved you will get the opportunity to:
- meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth mental health and our community.
- direct youth mental health services in Australia
- engage in training opportunities provided by headspace & other services
- develop new skills to help you make a difference to youth mental health
- Aged 16-25 and live, work or play in the Sutherland Shire region
Applications are open to all, but we highly encourage you to apply if:
- You have had your own experiences of depresison, anxiety or another mental health issue.
- You have a friend or family member who has/or had a mental illness or drug addiction
- You feel passionate about and are interested in mental health issues
- You identify as
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse
- Young person who has been homeless
To apply complete the online application form linked below
For more information contact:
Phone: 9575 1500