Private Practitioner for a headspace centre located in Syndal (Monash area)
- OT/SW/Psychologist/Psychiatrists/General Practitioners
- Operate as a session based Private Practitioner and set your hours
- Honorary employee to Alfred Health, fixed term until June 2022
- Must have provider number for bulk-billing to Medicare
What's in it for you?
- Be involved in the establishment of a new headspace centre and an innovative youth mental health program that is making a real difference in the community.
- No fee charges for room or reception, therefore you receive 100% of the Medicare billing, and where clients can afford it, a full fee payment of $35 above the Medicare rebate amount.
- A supportive and fun team work environment with administration staff and senior clinicians to support you on site.
Established in 2006, headspace offers a 'one stop shop' for young people aged 12-25 and their families who may be experiencing mental health difficulties. It provides an opportunity for young people to receive help early and promotes a 'no wrong door' approach to supporting young people and their families through the provision of GPs, counsellors, alcohol and other drug workers and vocational and educational support.
What you'll be doing
- The private practitioner is responsible for the provision of counselling services to young people aged 12-25 years at headspace Syndal under a mental health care plan through Medicare-funded items as a private provider.
- Our experienced and supportive Access team will screen referrals, allocate to the appropriate private practitioner based on the young person's clinical needs and presentation and schedule first time clients into your appointment schedule.
- It's a condition of employment that appointees to this position are contracted private practitioners with Alfred Health operation from headspace Syndal.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and registration (AHPRA or AASW)
- Must have Medicare provider number for bulk-billing
- Indemnity insurance to the value of AUD $10 million
- Current Victorian drivers licence
- Current working rights visa
- Satisfactory completion of a Police check and Working With Children's Check
For more information contact:
Name: Stephanie McGrane
Phone: (03) 9076 7500