Allied Health Professional
Allied Health Professional – Psychologist / Occupational Therapist / Social Worker
Are you an Allied Health Professional such as a registered psychologist, occupational therapist, mental health accredited social worker or other professional who is able to bill through MBS? Is it time for a change? Are you passionate about working with young people?
- Improving the lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team
- Working in a supportive and inclusive environment with a positive team culture
- Further developing your therapeutic skills in working with young people
- Flexibility – 1-5 days work per week is available
If you've answered yes to the above, then this role is for you!
The Allied Health Professional is a member of the headspace Capalaba Team and will work closely with other staff members and other practitioners. The incumbent will provide high quality psycho-social assessment and evidence-based focused psychological strategies for young people aged 12-25 referred to headspace Capalaba, within the guidelines of the Medicare Better Access to Mental Health Care initiatives. To participate in a multi-disciplinary team, maximising care outcomes for young people referred to the service.
The Allied Health Professional:
- Consults with the Clinical Centre Manager, as required in performing key responsibilities.
- Consults with the multi-disciplinary team as required for care coordination.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The main responsibilities of the Allied Health Professional role require a high level of performance in the following key areas:
- Provide evidence-based, focused psychological strategies (e.g. CBT, psycho-education, relaxation strategies, skills training, interpersonal therapy) to individuals or via group therapy to young people aged 12-25 years.
- Maintain accurate case notes for clients using an electronic clinical record and according to headspace Capalaba protocols and professional standards.
- Participate in care planning and case review meetings, contribute to care plans and participate in planned case conferences other health professionals involved in the client’s care as appropriate.
- Provide written reports to the clients referring bodies with information regarding assessments undertaken, care provided, and recommendations on future management of the client’s social and mental wellbeing, according to headspace Capalaba protocols and professional standards.
- Maintain client privacy and confidentiality and adhere to duty of care requirements and other relevant legislation.
- Adhere to appropriate standards of safety, welfare and health care for staff and young people within the headspace Capalaba service.
- Comply with continuous clinical quality improvement activities to improve the service provision and outcomes for young people who access headspace Capalaba.
- Ensure services are provided within the boundaries of the relevant Association’s Code of Ethics.
- Ensure compliance with all Wesley Mission Brisbane policies and procedures including WMB Charter, Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that the service is compliant with all external regulators and contracts, including funding agreements.
- Work in accordance with the electronic clinical record and associated information recording
For more information, please contact the headspace Capalaba Centre Manager on 1300 851 274 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wesley Mission Queensland (WMQ) is a large and dynamic organisation with more than 65 locations throughout South East Queensland supporting 100,000 Queenslanders every year. As a not-for-profit organisation with over 100 years’ experience in delivering aged care, Wesley Mission Queensland has a history steeped in hope, respect, compassion, empowerment, innovation, justice and integrity. To learn more about our organisation, please see www.wmq.org.au & https://www.youtube.com/user/wmbmedia.
For more information contact:
Phone: 1300 851 274