Join our headspace Family and Friends Reference Group
Apply to become a member of the headspace Family and Friends Reference Group, and you’ll be able to make a real impact in improving youth mental health in Australia by helping shape the future of headspace.
The participation of families and friends in mental health services is recognised internationally as fundamental to ensuring that services are relevant, effective, and responsive to the needs of young people and those who care for them.
The Family and Friends Reference Group will:
- Advocate both locally and nationally for improved services to address the needs of families and friends
- Provide high level advice on the continual development of headspace services to better engage and work with families and friends
- Have input into headspace strategies and campaigns that target and support families and friends
- Provide feedback on resources for family and friends
- Be involved in other projects and working groups as they arise
We would like you to apply if you:
- Have had a friend or family member access headspace services
- Are passionate about youth mental health and wellbeing
We are keen to hear from people from all backgrounds and family types, including those from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people from rural and regional areas, those with disabilities and LGBTQIA+ groups.
If successful you will be appointed to the family and friends reference group for 18 months. Annually, there will be one face-to-face meeting in Melbourne, and three meetings via teleconference. headspace will cover the cost of all flights and accommodation required to attend the face-to-face meeting. In between meetings, contact will be maintained via Facebook discussions and email.
Applications close 30 September 2017.