headspace Roma is a FREE and confidential service that helps young people in the Maranoa Regional Council district aged 12-25 with their mental health and wellbeing. We liaise with General Practitioners, Sexual Health, Vocational and Education, and Alcohol and Other Drug Services so that we can focus your care to your individual needs.
No formal referral is required. There is a referral form for community agencies and all Medicare related information can be found in our "More information" section below.
Our office is easy to find and wheelchair friendly!
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Roma is operated by RHealth. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Western Queensland PHN.
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug concern.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Roma
Salary: $70-90k + super + significant salary sacrificing!
- Help improve the wellbeing of young adults in a community setting.
- Plenty of perks! $70-90k + super + significant salary sacrificing!
- Structured clinical support. Great team environment.
Ready to start your career? Read on! headspace Roma is looking for eager mental health graduates to come and make a difference with the youth and young adults in the area. Working rurally in Roma you have the opportunity to establish yourself professionally without being a “cog in the machine” like in the big cities. You will have the backing of the national headspace clinical training and structured intervention model while also having the benefits of working in a small team, with experienced clinicians to learn from. The best of both worlds!
Who will I work for?
headspace Roma, part of RHealth, offers a fun, vibrant workplace that put youth and young adults at the centre of everything they do. You will have the opportunity to deliver low to moderate intensity, early intervention services that make a significant difference to the people in your community. Being in a rural location, you will employ a comprehensive approach, understanding how biopsychosocial, community, social, cultural, physical and sensory factors contribute to wellbeing.
What will my role include?
- Working with clients who have various presenting mental health conditions;
- Developing a clear understanding of your clients through case formulation and assessment;
- Providing counselling and evidence-based interventions in brief, moderate, extended and group forms;
- Monitoring client risk factors at all times;
- Taking accurate case notes and complying with the quality framework;
- Working closely with other allied health professionals in the community for referral and outreach;
- Participating in community events and advocacy that build the profile and accessibility of the centre; and most importantly
- Making a significant impact on the mental health and wellbeing of young people in your region!
Who are we looking for?
We are specifically looking for graduates and early career health professionals. Our team in Roma has the time to invest and support you as you start your career. Any of the following health registrations and degrees make you eligible for the role: Psychology (Provisional, General, Clinical); Social Work; Occupation Therapy; or Mental Health Registered Nurse.
What are the benefits of this role?
Benefits of this role include:
- Attractive salary, up to $70K - $90K plus super plus significant salary sacrificing;
- Extensive training and opportunity to work under a structured clinical model;
- No crazy caseloads! You build up your servicing volume, as your skills develop;
- Access to a professional development budget;
- Support and guidance from an experienced, local Clinical Lead;
- Receive administrative support from a dedicated admin and intake team;
- Opportunity to be involved in research, if desired; and
- Excellent lifestyle and community opportunities outside of work.
As an equal opportunity employer, headspace Roma celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive work environment for their clients, staff and community; irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click “Apply” and submit your resume and cover letter by the 2nd of May 2023. For a confidential discussion on the role, please call Jamie Smith, on (07) 4659 7400, quoting reference number 3631359.
For more information contact:
Phone: (07) 4659 7400
Keeping our services young-person-friendly is important to us and we have a strong Youth Reference Group that helped design and fit out the centre. If you would like to be a part of the Youth Reference Group, just ask our friendly staff :)
Youth Access Worker
Consulting Child & Youth Psychiatrist
Dr Syed Shah
We also have a number of other health professionals who provide services at headspace Roma. We are always seeking expressions of interest for General Practitioners, Psychologists, Social Workers, and other Allied Health Professionals.
headspace Roma also works with Universities and other Tertiary Institutions across Australia to allow students to complete work placements within our service. If you're a client or potential client, this may mean that you could be asked if it's okay for a student to sit in on your appointment. This allows the students to fulfil the practicum requirements of their course, and helps us to make future health workers aware of the way a headspace site functions.
If you do not already have a Medicare Card you can find all the information you need at this link
If you are unable to access Medicare, don't worry! You are still able to access support through our centre, please phone us on 07 4523 6262 to discuss your options. We can also refer you to other services to help you gain access to support without Medicare, such as the PHN funded Mental Health Navigator and other government funded agencies.
Here is our Community Referral Form for anyone who needs to refer someone to our centre
Here is the link to headspace Roma's Privacy Statement