2020 Youth Reference Group- applications closed - join the wait list
UPDATE: Our applications for 2020 have closed however if you wish to join our wait list please email Jules on: firstname.lastname@example.org
headspace's Youth Reference Group in Port Macquarie is seeking new members in 2020.
headspace is the flagship youth mental health service in Port Macquarie, and is currently looking for young people to join their Youth Reference Group(YRG) in 2020.
The group is tasked with providing first hand knowledge and experience to local headspace workers so they can provide current and up to date help to those who need it most.
“I have loved going to all the different events and I think it has really made a difference to young people in the community.”
“I have been on the group for this year and I think it has been a great way to give back after using the services as well an opportunity for me to learn,”
“Having only moved to town a few years ago it was a great way to meet people and feel connected to Port Macquarie"
Want to know more?
As a YRG member there are many benefits, experiences and opportunities for personal development. Such as:
- Meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth health
- Gain experience and references for your resume
- Training in youth advocacy, and other development opportunities
- Assisting on selection panels for headspace staff recruitment
- Leading projects/events in our local area
- Attending local community events including music festivals
- Website and social media consultation and development
- Resource development such as brochures, presentations, posters and radio ads
- Peer support and mentoring
- Media Spokesperson
So, How do you get involved?
It’s easy, complete this application form & email it to
email@example.com or drop it into our office located at 10-12 Short Street, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Have any Questions?
Get in touch with Jules at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call ph: 6588 7308