Work and Study Support - IPS
The Individual Placement and Support (IPS) program at headspace Newcastle provides in person, one-on-one support for your work and study goals. Our IPS Vocational Specialists will collaborate with your mental health worker to ensure the support you receive helps you achieve your goals.
We can help you with:
- Looking for and applying for jobs
- Writing a resume and cover letter
- Preparing for a job interview
- Exploring your study options
- Enrolling in study
- Navigating community support services such as the Centrelink system
- Understanding your workplace rights
- Transitioning into a new job or course
- Balancing your mental health and wellbeing with work or study
The support we provide doesn't end when you achieve your goals, we continue to support you for as long as you need.
Talk to your mental health worker about the IPS program today to see if it's the right program for you. See below for a list of participating centres