Apply for headspace Lismore Youth Advisory Group
Applications are now open to join headspace Lismore’s Youth Advisory Group
headspace Lismore is providing local young people with the opportunity to have their say and be active around youth mental health issues.
We are now taking applications from local young people.
There are various roles you can take in the headspace Lismore Youth Advisory Group:
- Planning and helping run youth events and other programs including art workshops, markets, comps, hosting headspace stalls at festivals and more.
- Evaluating and helping shape the delivery of headspace services.
- Assisting in the design and development of our centre.
- Attending various meetings for local organisations/services/schools and presenting on behalf of headspace Lismore.
- Giving the youth a voice
- Building self confidence and developing personal skills
- Giving feedback and ideas on policies and procedures, including recruitment and staff training.
- Developing our social media platforms and community engagement strategies.
By getting involved you will:
- Influence how headspace Lismore operates
- Work alongside other passionate and like-minded young people
- Learn new skills, gain invaluable knowledge and develop self-confidence
- Be provided with opportunities to participate in training and the development of your skills.
Who can apply?
- You are aged between 12 and 25
- You’re passionate about making a difference in your community or interested in mental health
- You're available to regularly attend the Youth Network meetings (every 2 weeks)
- You may (or may not) have had your own experiences of a mental heath problem
- You may (or may not) have a friend or family member who has/or had a mental health problem
headspace Lismore is keen to have a group representing the diverse youth in Lismore and surrounding regions, including hearing the voices of youth identifying as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth, who have different cultural backgrounds, who have a disability, or who are sexually or gender diverse.
How do I get involved?
You can fill out the form online at http://bit.ly/18JtDxU
You can also contact Summa on the details below for a form to be emailed to you.
Summa Hicks - Community Engagement Coordinator headspace Lismore
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +61 2 6625 0200