Family and Friends reference group
Seeking Expressions of Interest—
Apply Now headspace Gosford, Lake Haven, and Wyong Family & Friends Reference Group
At headspace Gosford, Lake Haven and Wyong we believe that family and friend participation is fundamental to the delivery of quality services for young people
Are you a family member/carer or friend of a young person who is or has accessed support from a headspace centre and are passionate about advocating for Youth Mental Health?
Do you want your voice to be heard about health, mental health and drug and alcohol issues for young people?
headspace Gosford, Lake Haven and Wyong are looking for motivated volunteers who are interested in our upcoming Family & Friends Reference Group (FFRG) to advocate for issues that are relevant and matter to them.
What is the headspace Gosford, Lake Haven and headspace Wyong Family & Friends Reference Group?
The Family & Friends Reference Group (FFRG) brings a family perspective to service management and decision-making processes. The FFRG is a group of people who headspace centres can consult with on topics such a quality of care, service delivery and family involvement.
The members of the FFRG do not get paid – this is a voluntary position.
By getting involved you will:
Be a voice for family / carers and friends of Young People attending headspace centres
Receive training and develop new skills
Meet and work with other people who are passionate about youth mental health
Advocate for the support of family and friends in adolescent mental health
We are looking for people Family members/ carers and friends with:
1. Knowledge of youth mental health issues and a passion for advocating for a family/carer or friend perspective within a mental health service.
2. The ability to contribute independently as well as collaborate with a diverse team and community members.
3. The ability to participate in consultation processes and provide input and feedback.
4. The ability to be available at flexible times, and manage time and personal responsibilities to undertake project work if agreed.
5. Ability to undertake local travel, and to travel to other locations within the District.
Who can apply?
Any family or friend who has or had a Young Person engaged with headspace.
How to apply:
If you are interested in learning more about our Family and Friends Reference Group and/ or would like to apply, please contact:
Kim Cardile Centre Manager (02) 4394 9100 firstname.lastname@example.org