Counselling Services & Information for the Holidays
Christmas and the holiday period can be a challenge for lots of people. It's important to look after ourselves during this time.
headspace Fremantle will be closed from the 23rd Decemember at 12pm - 3rd January at 8:30am. During the break there are many services that you can contact if you need support. No matter what day, date or time, there is always someone who can help you & listen.
24-HOUR TELEPHONE COUNSELLING - If you need to talk to someone call:
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- eheadspace.org.au (6am-10pm Perth Time) - non-crisis service
- Lifeline (5pm-2am Perth Time) - https://www.lifeline.org.au/get…/online-services/crisis-chat
- Kids Helpline (for 12-25 year olds) - http://kidshelpline.com.au/teens/get-help/webchat
OTHER HELPFUL SERVICES:
- The Greens' Holiday help text line for difficult conversations around Marriage Equality: http://holidayhelpline.org/
- Q-Life online and phone counselling for LGBTI+ people: https://qlife.org.au/
- Sexual assault, domestic and family violence phone counselling: 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732) - available 24/7
- Mates in Construction - for those working in the construction and building industry: 1300 642 111 - available 24/7
- Family Drug Support line - for families affected by drug and alcohol use: 1300 368 186 - available 24/
Helpful videos and articles about keeping mentally healthy over the holidays:
- Keeping healthy over the holidays: https://headspace.org.au/young-people/keeping-healthy-over-the-holidays/
- 10 Things I Wish My Friends and Family Understood About Anxiety and Depression: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBfK5yajRnQ
- Clever Responses for When People Say 'Mental Illness is All in Your Head'
- Surviving the First Set of Holidays Without a Loved One: http://pro.psychcentral.com/…/how-to-survive-the-first-set…/
- Managing grief at Christmas: http://au.reachout.com/managing-grief-at-christmas