headspace Broken Hill offers young people from the ages 12-25 a welcoming environment where they can access free & confidential mental health support, health advice & groups. We provide general health services, mental health support, vocational & education support and alcohol and other drug services.
We dedicate ourselves to ensure all young people who contact or attend our headspace centre are able to access the help they need.
We are wheelchair-accessible.
We are open for face-to-face appointments. Make an appointment today.
- Monday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Broken Hill is operated by Flourish Australia. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Western NSW PHN.
Your GP can refer you to see a specialist youth psychiatrist for bulk billed assessment and management advice for mental health issues.
If you live near our headspace centre in a rural area but cannot travel in to see us, you can see our mental health workers online.
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Services could include: provision of contraception and advice, testing, support, treatment and management of sexually transmissible infections(STI) HIV/AIDS and viral hepatitis vaccination for Hepatitis and HPV, pregnancy testing and referral.
Get tips on how to prepare your resume and present for interviews. Find out about local employment opportunities (full time, part-time, or casual).
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Broken Hill
Salary: Voluntary Position
Youth Reference Group - headspace Broken Hill
headspace Broken Hill is recruiting new members for our Youth Reference Group (YRG).
Are you aged 15-24 and looking to be the youth voice for headspace Broken Hill?
We are looking for young people who want to:
- Make meaningful decisions that have real impact
- Connect with other people passionate about youth mental health
- Have your voice heard on community services in the area
- Organise and be part of local youth events
You will gain experience and new skills with support, training and reference opportunities.
If you are interested we'd love to meet with you!
Please fill our EOI form and submit to our Service & Community Development Officer using the contact details below.
Relevant applicants will be contacted for an interview after submission of EOI.
Allied Health Professionals - start your ideal job in youth mental health today!
Looking for a variety of clinical practice in a collaborative team environment?
Want opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with professional development?
Ready to make a positive contribution to the lives of young people?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with our collaborative multidisciplinary team to provide early intervention to young people, read on!
Join the team at headspace Castle Hill and/or Parramatta, Bankstown or Broken Hill!
The following provides an understanding of headspace, its culture and how you can be part of the crew.
headspace works from an early intervention framework with young people who have mental health issues or emerging issues. We deliver four core services which include general health, mental health support, vocational services, and alcohol and other drug services.
We are not just invested in young people, we are invested in providing opportunities for our team to learn, grow and thrive! Organised professional development, supervision and extracurricular activities bring our team closer, making our work environment inviting and inspiring!
headspace offers a busy and supportive team environment. As a contracted practitioner, you receive referrals from the headspace team and we will provide full comprehensive administration support. As a contracted practitioner you will be part of our very supportive team of clinicians and professionals.
- Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, or Occupational Therapy.
- Eligible for Medicare Provider Number
- Current Full AHPRA registration (General or Clinical), or Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, or Mental Health accredited Nurse or relevant registration
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- 2+ years of post-graduate clinical experience within Mental Health
- Proven recent clinical experience and competence undertaking bio-psychosocial assessments, risk assessments and providing focused psychological strategies
- Sound knowledge of the impact of mental illness on young people and the ability to provide a positive impact on their wellbeing in a youth-friendly manner
- Team player and flexible in your work schedule
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
About the Role:
- The primary objective of the position is to provide high-level clinical services to a broad range of individuals presenting with a variety of psychological difficulties and disorders.
- Working with young people who present with mood, anxiety and a range of mental health conditions using evidence-based treatment strategies.
- Participation in clinical decisions about treatment planning, assessment, risk management and working with other treatment services.
About the Pay:
We offer an hourly rate that is highly competitive, despite being a bulk billing service, which we achieve by only charging you a small percentage of your earnings for room hire and admin support. You also get access to free professional development opportunity and group supervision.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being part of a multidisciplinary team where you feel valued, challenged and know that you are making a difference on a daily basis in each patient’s outcome then we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume with your availability via email.
We'd love to hear from you!
Contact us and send through your resume and cover letter.
General Practitioner | Youth Mental Health
Join the team at headspace Broken Hill!
We are seeking General Practitioners to join our welcoming and well-resourced team!
Location flexibility! Option of remote working available, so you are able to work from any location via tele-health.
headspace provides a unique opportunity to work with young people (12-25 year olds) to improve their mental, physical, and social determinants of health. headspace works from an early intervention and prevention framework with young people and their families. We deliver four core services which include: general health, mental health, vocational, and alcohol and other drug services.
What is so unique about headspace is the coming together of health professionals with the desire and expertise to assist young people and their families. GPs are supported by a team of experienced youth healthcare experts, including psychologists, psychiatrists, dieticians, social workers and mental health nurses. Having access to a team of co-located services means there is an incredible amount of support, with opportunities for secondary consultations with a psychiatrist and the team.
headspace offers a supportive team environment. As a contracted practitioner, you receive referrals from the headspace team following an assessment and we will provide full comprehensive administration support and case management.
About the Role:
We offer great flexibility to suit a range of schedules and career ambitions. Whether you’re looking for a day per week or a full-time role, we do our best to make sure the role works for you.
Our GPs work with young people around mental health, sexual health, drugs and alcohol, preventative healthcare and other physical health problems.
About the Pay:
We offer a guaranteed income (floor rate) that is highly competitive, despite being a bulk billing service. Salary range $200,000 to $260,000 p.a (based on meeting position criteria) plus:
- Flexible hours and days.
- Contracted position (1 year with further 2 years).
- Accredited training course for GPs working with young people.
- A fully equipped modern clinic.
- Access appointment management, bulk billing and practice management support.
- Direct referral pathways into onsite co-located providers, including psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health social workers, drug and alcohol counsellors, vocational consultants and many more.
- Be part of an enthusiastic clinical team with weekly peer supervision and regular professional development opportunities.
We are seeking a professionally accredited General Practitioner to join our team to support young people and their families.
Your Qualifications & Experience
- Medically qualified and registered as a medical practitioner with the AHPRA / Medical Board of Australia.
- Medicare provider and ABN.
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- Demonstrated experience and passion working with young people or within mental health in diverse settings.
- Working with Children's Check and Police Check.
- Able to develop rapport with young people, and families.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Calm, flexible and punctual.
- Comfortable with commitment and desire to establish a client base amongst a caring team.
How to Apply:
Please forward your Resume and Cover Letter (setting out your availability) via email to Aniela Gokiert on firstname.lastname@example.org
We'd love to hear from you!
For more information contact:
Employer: Flourish Australia
The headspace Family and Friends Reference Group will be made up of up to 10 diverse members who all have a lived experience of supporting a young person or friend through headspace services.
The aim of the headspace Family and Friends Reference Group is to advocate for the role, contribution and needs of families and friends across all headspace programs and services.
If you are interested in participating, please fill out the Expression of Interest form here.
Please find the position description here.
Please email the complete form it back to us at email@example.com
For any enquiries about the group, you can call us on 02 9393 9699
Clinical Lead - headspace
Flourish Australia has an exciting opportunity for a motivated Clinical Lead to oversee the day to day clinical operations at the headspace Broken Hill centre.
The position is:
- Full-time (76 hours per fortnight)
- Monday to Friday
- Relocation assistance available
- Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018) equivalent to $94,000 - $118,000 + Super!
About the Opportunity
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation supporting young people aged 12-25 years with their mental & general health care needs. headspace provides young people with the opportunity to seek help early. headspace brings together local health services under the one roof making it easier for young people and their families to find the information they need.
As the Clinical Lead you will:
- Oversee the clinical operations of headspace Broken Hill to improve outcomes for young people accessing the service
- Collaborate with the young person to develop individual recovery plans while assisting them to drive their own recovery plan
- Design treatment plans and interventions to assist the young person to drive their own recovery plan
- Coordinate supports with other services providers, including medical professionals, government/non-government organisations and schools
- Oversee the implementation of clinical services and contribute to program/research development to ensure service integrity and quality
- Provide clinical supervision to junior clinical staff
To find out more about what it means to be a Clinical Lead, please review the Position Description.
About headspace and Flourish Australia
One in four young people have experienced a mental health issue in the past 12 months – a higher prevalence than all other age groups. headspace provides early intervention mental health services to young people who present with mental health issues, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
Flourish Australia has a long and proud history of providing recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue. This includes help with finding a home that is safe and secure, assistance with training and getting a job, or encouragement to develop friendships and learn new things.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or other allied health disciplines; and eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional body; and eligibility to register with Medicare Australia as an MBS Primary Care provider or an Allied Mental Health Professional provider.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively engage in leadership and management processes, including multidisciplinary and/or cross sector initiatives, and partnerships with a wide range of professionals, organisations and stakeholders.
- Experience in direct service provision to young people.
- Demonstrated experience in the participation of clinical systems including the implementation and review of Clinical Governance Models, privacy and confidentiality principles.
For more information contact Aniela Gokiert, Senior Clinical Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
We are actively observing COVID safe work practices and have implemented flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to get in touch with the listed contact if you have any questions or concerns.
About the Benefits
The successful applicant will join an organisation that recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Attractive remuneration equivalent to HPSS Level 4 + 10.5% Super!
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% annual leave loading + 2 additional days of Personal Leave + Christmas/New Years Gratis Day + 10 weeks paid parental leave
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for career progression, professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid and ASIST
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential wellbeing support
- Inclusive initiatives such as our Rainbow Network and YarnUp for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander staff
- Exclusive personal Fleet pricing discounts with Kia Motors
- Employee discounts at 350+ popular retailers (Woolworths, Expedia, Myer, Kmart etc)
Appointments will be subject to Australian residency/visa, satisfactory National Criminal Record checks, the Working With Children Check and suitable work referees. All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence of compliance with COVID-19 vaccination Public Health Orders (where applicable).
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, apply today!
For more information contact:
Phone: (02) 9393 9699
Our centre is located at 231 Blende Street Broken Hill. Our building is opposite the Fire Station and just next door to TAFE (opposing street). Our centre is wheelchair accessible via the front and rear doors. Parking is available out the front of the building.
Front of headspace centre:
Ramp and stair access:
Our front reception:
What is telehealth?
Although headspace generally provides in-person counselling support, due to COVID-19, and the current climate with physical distancing measures, to ensure we are able to still provide a service to young people, their families and friends, we have transitioned to telehealth services.
Telehealth services consist of any health-related communication via telephone and video conferencing platforms and applications. Instead of in-person appointments, we are now providing online appointments over phone calls and video calls using ‘Zoom’.
Here's a short video explaining "what is telehealth?"
To find out more about our telehealth services, such as:
How to use telehealth services
How to make the most of telehealth services
Frequently Asked Questions
Please download - Guidelines for Young People to use Telehealth
If you have used our telehealth services, and would like to provide some feedback on how it went and how we can improve, please fill out the survey here.
If you are new to telehealth or would like further information on our privacy, consent, and confidentiality information, please download our Telehealth Privacy, Consent, Confidentiality & Cancellation Policy
For additional information on telehealth, please visit - headspace online and phone services (telehealth)
If you are having any questions or concerns with using our telehealth services, please contact us:
02 9393 9699 or email@example.com
Rynnette - Centre Manager
Helene - Clinical Lead
Michelle - Admin Support Officer
Cary - Senior Youth Access Clinician
Jodie - Youth Access Clinician
Susanne - Service & Community Development Officer
Youth Reference Group
Dr. Josie - Psychiatrist
Sexual Health Nurses:
Contributing Consortium Members:
NSW Health Far West Local District
Black Dog Institute
Broken Hill City Council
Royal Flying Doctor Service
If you are a young person and wish to see someone at headspace Broken Hill, you are welcome to email, call or drop in during our business hours to discuss your options.
Parents, Family, Carers and Friends
If you are the family member, carer or friend of a young person and wish to refer them to headspace Broken Hill, you are welcome to call us during our business hours to discuss their options. Please ensure that the young person who you are referring is willing to engage with headspace and is able to attend appointments.
If you are a service provider, health professional, or from a school and wish to refer a young person to headspace Broken Hill, please complete our Service Provider Referral Form. Prior to completing the form, please ensure that you have obtained the young person's consent and provide as much information as possible so that headspace Broken Hill's Intake Officer can determine the suitability and the most appropriate treatment options for the young person. headspace Broken Hill will contact the young person and inform you thereafter of the outcome of your referral with us.
Please return this form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 08 (08) 8450 3324.
We recommend that you follow up the emailed or faxed referral with a phone call, just to make sure we've received it.
Our phone number is: (02) 9393 9699.
We welcome all feedback and suggestions regarding our referral process. If you'd like to fill out our feedback form, it can be found here.
Please note: headspace Broken Hill does not offer crisis or emergency support. If you or someone you care for needs immediate emergency support, please call 000 (Police, Fire, Ambulance), go to a hospital emergency department or call the NSW Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511.
For after-hours services, please contact:
- eheadspace on 1800 650 890 or eheadspace.org.au (9am-1am, 7 days a week)
- The Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 (24/7)
- Lifeline on 13 11 14 (24/7)
- Mental Health Line 1800 011 511 (24/7)
headspace Broken Hill provides youth mental health services to schools and the community in the Broken Hill and Far West Region.
The services provided have a health promotion and education focus. We deliver these services to promote positive mental health and wellbeing. Please note that these services do not have a medical or therapeutic focus.
Please fill in our Service Request Form if you'd like us to deliver a workshop, presentation or would like to receive printed resources.
Phone: 02 9393 9699
Young people 15+ years old can get their own Medicare card by visiting a Medicare office or by calling Medicare on 13 20 11.
Click here for more information on what a Medicare card is and why young people need one.
At headspace Broken Hill we welcome and appreciate your feedback, so that we can continually improve our service for young people. Please let us know what you thought about your experience at headspace Broken Hill.
Follow this link to provide headspace Broken Hill with your praise, suggestions and feedback.