Gateway Health Gender Service- Private Practitioners, Clinical Psychologist/ Psychologist, Psychiatrists
Gateway Health Gender service is looking for highly motivated, youth orientated Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, possible Provisional Internship placement (for suitable applicants) and psychiatrists to work in our increasingly busy regional Gender Service providing specialised care to Trans and Gender Diverse young people and their families.
Working as a Private Practitioner at Gateway Health provides you with an opportunity to work within a dynamic, innovative multidisciplinary environment providing early intervention and treatment for mental health and related issues in young people aged 12-17 years of age in partnership with a range of services including the Royal Children’s Hospital Gender Service.
Our Private Practitioners complete work in assessment, treatment planning, psychological treatment and referral, and are highly valued members of our team.
Benefits for you:
- Ongoing Medicare funded referrals of young people who have been assessed and are ready to receive services.
- Access to administrative support and consulting space with training provided.
- Opportunity for peer support through regular care co-ordination meetings with the team.
- Support will be provided both locally and through the Royal Children’s Hospital Gender Service to ensure best practice and outcomes.
- Being apart of an innovative and regionally specific service meeting the needs of our community.
Key Requirements for the role:
- Must be a fully registered Psychologist with AHPRA and have current professional indemnity insurance
- Eligible to provide services under Medicare and be willing to bulk bill without additional gap fee and/or gap fee as negotiated.
- Have or be willing to obtain your own ABN.
- Be willing to undertake a Working with Children Check and a separate Criminal History check.
- Have demonstrated experience providing services to young people.
- We would be willing to explore Provisional Internships placement in discussion with an appropriate applicant as identified and meeting the supervision requirements.
More Information: Please contact Karina Kerr - headspace Centre Manager on 02 6055 9555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org