If you're a young person aged 12 to 25, based in a regional or rural area and you want to access qualified and skilled psychiatrists that specialise in youth mental health, the headspace National Telehealth Service could be available for you.
Why see a Psychiatrist?
Seeing a Psychiatrist can help you to receive:
- An assessment and diagnostic advice
- Advice on medication
- Information on a complex case which includes a risk assessment and diagnostic dilemma
Who can use the Service?
To access this service, please check that you meet all of the below criteria:
- You are aged between 12 and 25 years
- Based in a regional or rural area
- Already accessing a headspace centre for support
- Referred to this service either by your local GP or a headspace centre's GP
A mental health treatment plan is not required.
Who are the Psychiatrists?
Our psychiatrists at headspace centres are experienced working with young people from various backgrounds.
Currently we have:
- Male and female psychiatrists
- Child and Adolescent psychiatrists
- A psychiatrist specialising in Gender Dysphoria
- Psychiatrists experienced in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture
For more information or to find out if your headspace centre is eligible for this service, please fill out the form below and we'll get in touch.