Join our Youth Advocacy Group for 2021!
Are you aged between 16 and 25? Do you have something to say about the mental health and wellbeing of young people in your community? If so, headspace Werribee are recruiting members for our 2021 Youth Advocacy Group!
The headspace Werribee Youth Advocacy Group (YAG) is made up of young people aged 16 - 25 who live, work, study or recreate in the Wyndham and Hobsons Bay area, and who are passionate about young people's mental health.
The group meet regularly to ensure that headspace Werribee is a youth-friendly space, and to plan ways to get the word out there about how headspace can support young people who are going through a tough time. The group are involved with activities like:
- Planning and hosting events to raise awareness of mental health in the community
- Planning activities to use in community awareness workshops and assisting in the delivery of these at schools and in the community
- Setting up and manning information stalls to talk to young people about headspace Werribee and mental health
- Providing feedback about headspace Werribee's services
- Developing resources
To be eligible for membership, young people need to:
- Be between 16 – 25 years old
- Live, work, study or recreate in the Wyndham and Hobsons Bay area
- Be passionate about youth mental health and wellbeing
- Have the ability to work in a team and participate in group discussions, both in person and online
- Be motivated and willing to commit to the group for at least one year
You don't need to have any previous experience, or be an expert to join our YAG - we are looking for young people who are passionate about contributing to the mental health and wellbeing of young people in our community, in lots of different ways!
If you are keen, please read the Position Description and complete the application form.
Applications extended - closing 25 January 2021! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.