Applications are now open for the headspace Canberra Youth Reference Group!
headspace Canberra Youth Reference Group (YRG)
Are you aged between 16 and 25 and live in the ACT or surrounds? Do you have something to say about health, mental health and drug and alcohol issues?
What is the headspace Canberra YRG?
headspace Canberra is providing young people with the opportunity to be heard and be active around youth mental health and alcohol and other drug issues. There are a number of roles you can play in a headspace Canberra YRG, including:
- Chairing monthly meetings, agenda and minute taking
- Leading a project in your local area
- Social media consultation and development
- Review and development of headspace Canberra services
- Participation in Community Awareness Events
- Young People participation in media
- Peer support and mentoring
By getting involved you will:
- Develop new skills
- Meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth mental health
- Make a difference to youth mental health by having your say
headspace Canberra will provide some training to support you to participate in the above group and/or activities.
How do I get involved?
Application packs available by contacting headspace by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can pick an application package up from the headspace Canberra office
Complete the application form and email it with your CV to email@example.com Or you can post it to Level B, Building 18, University of Canberra, 170 Hayden Drive, Bruce, ACT 2617.
Applications close 9th January 2017
Interviews will run in late January 2017