Mental Health Clinician - Brisbane
Salary: AU$68000 - AU$87000 per annum
- Make a difference to young people by joining a well recognised national NFP
- Competitive Salary Plus Generous Salary Packaging
- Multiple Part Time Opportunities based in Brisbane CBD
headspace and our eheadspace team
Established in 2006, headspace is a well-recognised, national not-for-profit organisation making a difference to the lives of young people aged 12-25 years. The eheadspace program provides online and telephone mental health services to young people and their families as part of a multidisciplinary team.
This year, eheadspace are launching a national office in Brisbane, in addition to our Melbourne office, to increase our service provision via telephone and online platforms for young people across Australia. We are excited to be building a new and dynamic team in Brisbane, to support our increasing demand for digital mental health services for young people.
About the role
The eheadspace clinician's primary responsibility is to apply evidence-based mental health treatments for young people, providing best practice standards via our online and telephone services. The successful candidate will undertake online screening/assessments with young people and their families and provide access to best practice psychoeducational resources, delivering brief psychological interventions when needed
What do our clinicians say about working in eheadspace?
I love my job because I'm able to help people when they need it. I try to provide a safe space so they feel ok and can get whatever is troubling them out in the open. Then we work together on ways to make things better. - Ashley, eheadspace clinician
Who we're looking for
eheadspace is looking for clinicians with:
- Approved tertiary qualification in an allied health discipline, including social work, psychology, mental health nursing, and occupational therapy; or a Masters in Counselling (minimum Level 3, ACA).
- Eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional body: Social workers are required by the Australian Government Department of Health to be eligible for full membership with AASW. Psychologists, mental health nurses, and occupational therapists are required to have full registration with AHPRA. Those with a Masters in Counselling need to have eligibility for full professional registration at a minimum of Level 3 within the Australian Counselling Association scope of practice guidelines.
- Demonstrated clinical skill in best practice mental health assessment.
- A sound knowledge of the common mental health issues faced by young people
What's on offer
- Penalty rates for evening, weekend and Public Holiday shifts worked
- Competitive base salary ($68,000-$87,000), commensurate with years of clinical experience, plus 10.5% superannuation and generous salary packaging benefits up the maximum amount (For more information, visit Smartsalary - www.smartsalary.com.au
- A thorough and extensive orientation program to welcome you into the organisation and ongoing inhouse clinical supervision
- Career opportunities and progression is available within the broader Digital Mental Health Programs provided by headspace
- Hybrid work environment where you can work from home and in the Brisbane CBD office
- Professional development opportunities
- First-rate CBD location with great on-site facilities
- A focus on wellbeing and commitment to diversity
The 0.8 FTE roster options for this position is below:
How to apply
- Click on 'Apply Now' to see the position description, and to complete your application.
- Your application must include a resume and cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for the role considering the Key Responsibilities found in the position description
- Applications will be reviewed as received, therefore interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- For more information contact Ashley Sheridan, email@example.com / 0422 160 143
To be eligible for this position you must
- Have the right to live and work in Australia
- Have a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) or equivalent, and/or pass all of the WWCC(s) required for this role (please note that for some roles, headspace requires WWCCs for other State/Territories in addition to your Home State)
- Satisfactorily undergo a headspace Police Check
- Have proof and be up to date with your Covid-19 vaccinations in accordance with the headspace COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy and any Government directives
headspace is committed to being a child safe and child friendly organisation that recognises, respects and promotes the rights of children, young and vulnerable people.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role and all current vacancies.
For more information contact:
Name: Ashley Sheridan
Phone: 0422 160 143