Allied Health Practitioners (contractors)
Salary: Funded through MBS/ATAPS
We are seeking expressions of interest from Allied Health Practitioners including clinical psychologists, general psychologists, social workers and occupational therapists who are experienced in providing high quality, evidence-based interventions to young people aged 12-25 for our headspace centres. headspace centres are a ‘one stop shop’ with an enthusiastic and dedicated team of co-located service providers, offering comprehensive support to young people in the four core areas of: primary health, mental health, drug and alcohol services, and vocational/educational services.
A key component of the mental health services provided within the headspace centres, this is a contracted private practice role with flexibility of hours/days, including the potential for after-hours and weekend work. Services are delivered under the Medicare Better Outcomes for Mental Health Initiative and Access to Allied Psychological Services (subject to eligibility and availability). A range of on-site complementary services are available should you believe additional support is required for any of your clients. They will work in partnership with you to provide a comprehensive, wrap-around service for the young people you see.
Let us support you working in private practice within a skilled multidisciplinary team with access to peer consultation, professional development, excellent practice management and comfortable premises
- Approved tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work, occupational therapy and current registration with appropriate professional body.
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- Eligibility to provide Medicare Benefits Schedule services.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the assessment, diagnosis and provision of evidence-based treatments of mental health disorders and preferably youth
- Excellent skills in engaging and working with young people, their families and significant others.
- Ability to work independently, with strong organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Working with children check.
- Willingness to undergo a police records check.
For more information contact:
Name: Brendan Pawsey
Phone: (03) 8338 0919