GEELONG Allied Health Clinicians (Mental Health Accredited)
Employer: Barwon Child Youth and Family
Salary: Private Contractor
Allied Health Professionals – Private Practitioners
Clinical Psychologist/ Psychologist; Mental Health Accredited Social Workers & Occupational Therapists.
headspace Geelong is delivered by Barwon Child Youth and Family in Geelong (Lead Agency) and we are seeking highly motivated mental health trained Allied Health Professionals to work as Private Practitioners to establish a fulfilling and rewarding practice in partnership with headspace Geelong. Our Private Practitioners complete work in client evidence based treatment, ongoing assessment, recovery planning, therapeutic interventions and internal and external program referrals and are highly valued and supported members of our team. We are a family inclusive service and the majority of client's accessing our services have emerging depression and anxiety symptoms and all treatment is to be developmentally appropriate for the 12-25 cohort.
What we offer
- Ongoing referrals (we will ensure that clients have valid mental health treatment plans in place before they see you)
- Opportunity to work with and gain support from a multidisciplinary team along with co-location with Barwon Health Jigsaw (Youth) and Eating Disorder Service teams (including psychiatrists, general practitioners, clinical psychologists, psychologists, social workers, mental health nursing, occupational therapists, sexual health services, and drug and alcohol addiction specialists).
- Opportunity for peer support through regular clinical review meetings
- Administration support and dedicated consulting space (appointment confirmations and room bookings are all taken care of for you)
- Flexibility with hours and days worked - including some after hours sessions
- Shared/Collaborative Care Model
Successful applicants should
- You should be registered or be able to register and obtain a Medicare Provider # under the Better Access Medicare Program
- Be fully registered or be able to have full registration with AHPRA.
- Have or be willing to obtain your own own ABN
- Be willing to undertake a Working with Children Check and a Police Check.
- Have experience working in the mental health sector with young people.
- Be willing to pay a small service fee when client's attend their appointments (currently 10% of your billings).
If you are ready to join a fantastic multidisciplinary team and really make a difference to the lives of Young People, please contact us now! We have increasing demand at our Corio, Geelong City and Drysdale sites.
For further information, please contact:
headspace Operations Manager
T: 03 5292 8722 M: 0403 529 549
For more information contact:
Name: Shelley Gibb - headspace Geelong Clinical Lead
Phone: (03) 5222 6690