Centre Manager, headspace Bondi Junction
Salary: $113735 - $129658 per annum
Deadline: 05/04/2020 1:00am
To apply, see https://healthnswgov.referrals.selectminds.com/seslhd/jobs/health-service-manager-level-3-centre-manager-headspace-bondi-junction-eastern-suburbs-mental-health-service-67679
Position Classification: Health Mgr Lvl 3
Remuneration: $113735 - $129658 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ157213
Are you passionate about working with young people? Committed to youth mental health and ready to make an impact that will change their lives? We are looking for a dedicated person to provide leadership and support to an established Headspace Centre.
Where you'll be working
What you'll be doing
The Headspace Bondi Centre Manager will lead, develop, implement, oversee and manage the operations, and the future growth and development of Headspace Bondi Junction, and or any other Youth Mental Health service within SESLHD, supported by the Operations Manager at Eastern Suburb Mental Health Service.
Headspace is a national, youth centric mental health service, working in partnership with young people, their communities, businesses and a range of health professionals to support youth wellbeing. Together, we ensure young people feel acknowledged and safe, and have the tools to address their mental health issues. Headspace was established by the Australian government in 2006. Headspace centres provides early intervention mental health services to 12-25-year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant health discipline or a related field, or extensive equivalent experience and skills in health management.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to effectively lead and report on complex planning and service development processes, including the utilisation of project management, organisational development methodologies and information management systems.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to manage and develop operational systems for a health or community services organisation, including effectively planning and allocating resources in order to maximise operational efficiency and meet funding deliverables.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively engage in leadership and management processes, including multidisciplinary and/or cross sector initiatives, and partnerships with a wide range of professionals, organisations and stakeholders.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to engage with, establish and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of people, including young people, health professionals, educators, academic researchers, and service providers.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to manage all aspects of the team and individual staff members, including recruitment, staff orientation, supervision, performance reviews, staff disciplinary action, performance development and team building.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of accountability systems, and continuous quality improvement processes, including the utilisation of data systems, the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and the use of evaluation and risk management tools.
- Experience in direct service provision to young people and/or providing mental health services or programs, including being able to respond effectively to crisis and high risk situations, when required.
For more information contact:
Phone: (02) 9366 8800