General Practitioner for headspace Nundah
Employer: Work at headspace Nundah Aftercare
Are you interested in:
- Improving lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team
- Providing full range of health services, including physical and mental health assessments
- Being a part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team
- Developing increased skills in working with young people
If it's yes to the above, and if you want to be part of a fantastic culture creating change in young people's lives then this role is for you!
About the role
headspace Nundah is seeking General Practitioners, to join our multidisciplinary team supporting people 12-25 years of age living with mental ill-health.
As a General Practitioner your income will be derived directly from Medicare Billings so you will need to be eligible to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS - Better Access).
As part of Aftercare's headspace team you will:
- Provide high standard GP assessments of persons experiencing physical and mental health issues.
- Liaise and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create Mental Health Care Plans for internal referrals, Psychiatrist and Allied Health Services.
- Provide high quality, primary health care services to those accessing headspace Nundah.
- Respond to medical/health concerns presented by patients including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate.
- Encourage and support young people to engage with sexual health and drug and alcohol services as well as preventative health care.
- Have access to Clinical Supervision from the Clinical Team Leader
- Be well supported by our administration team
The Right Fit
The successful candidate will have:
- Current registration with AHPRA, and Medicare Australia.
- Liaising and working with internal and external stakeholders
- Level 1 in Mental Health Skills Training
Founded in 1907, Aftercare is the longest serving national mental health charity. We provide wide range of services supporting people's journeys to social and emotional wellbeing.
Aftercare is a values-driven organisation. Our people are passionate about their work. Our culture is professional, fun, friendly, rewarding and collaborative. We have over 500 staff in 40 locations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria.
To apply email headspace.Nundah@aftercare.com.au outlining your suitability for the available role and attach a copy of your CV. Contact Keri Walsh on 0432 707 238 if you would like to discuss the role further.