headspace School Support
headspace School Support is an initiative funded by the Federal Government that works with school communities to prepare for, respond to, and recover from the suicide of a student.
With teams operating throughout Australia the program can respond to the individual needs of each school and coordinate support by working with relevant education bodies, local headspace centres and other services providers.
Schools can access a variety of services through headspace School Support including:
- Phone and email support for all Australian secondary schools affected by suicide
- Help with preparing a school in the event of a suicide occurring
- Staff capacity building around the issues of suicide
- Response co-ordination following a suicide or suicide attempt
- Staff and parent information sessions
- Evidence based resources, including a range of fact sheets
- Comprehensive postvention toolkit - A practical guide to assist schools in their response following a suicide
- Secondary and tertiary consultation
- Assistance with critical incident review
- Education and training related to suicide
- Media liaison and advice
About School Support
If you have a query that is not related to our post-vention suicide service in schools, please contact your nearest centre.
headspace School Support has teams based in each state and territory who are equipped to support schools via email, telephone and face-to-face. The teams are co-located with headspace centres.
We encourage school staff and people working with schools to contact us if their school has been affected by suicide or they are interested in updating their policies and procedures in relation to suicide.
- Victoria - 0458 037 955
- NSW/ACT - 0400 783 505
- South Australia - 0427 748 998
- Queensland - 0417 470 707
- Tasmania - 0427 982 555
- Northern Territory - 0447 027 414
- Western Australia - 0427 833 188
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org